Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making some rear light relocators that replace the rear shock spacers on the top. I have had a couple of people take measurements but I need to make sure that they are the same throughout the models. For instance I have an 02A and my stock spacers were 1/2" but I had the rizoma relocators and they were .6". So I cut my prototype set at 1/2". But I don't want to sell them and have people freaking out that their bike takes a different size. Anyone that has a couple of minutes to do this for me I would be really grateful.

Thanks - Keith

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
03 A stock spacers - .045" / .064"

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03 A stock spacers - .045" / .064"
Wow that was quick! Thanks man!

I will throw an extra washer in the drive side for now...

-Keith

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Wow that was quick! Thanks man!

I will throw an extra washer in the drive side for now...

-Keith
No problem, just hit me up when you get some made.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to decide if I need to get thicker metal for the one side. I already have washers in because of the shocks I have so it can't be structurally unsound. If I have to go to thicker metal it will take longer to machine and will more expensive just for the metal.. What do you think?

-keith

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Machining two different sizes would be time consuming and costly. I could live with a washer on the offset side.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I was hoping to hear. I appreciate it! I am going to get some pics tomorrow of the set I have and do another design probably in the morning so when if you want a set you can be a "beta" tester and I will give it to you really cheap....

-Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts