Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my shocks back from Skull Man, awesome job by the way.

But when I was inspecting them, I realized I hadn't made any notes on which one is the left and right. :chair:

I looked in the service manual, but it wasn't much clearer.

The hardware is with the bike in storage. Maybe it is obvious with the hardware in hand, but in case it isn't any advice would greatly be appreciated.

As noted in the attached photos, the mounting brackets are off center and the rubber spacer is attached to the shock (not the loose rubber shock damper spacer mentioned in the service manual).

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It appears to me that the "Offset Left" shock is your right hand shock. The other one you should be able to figure out yourself. ;)

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
The Off-set Goes Towards The Bike. In Your Pic's Left Would Be Right
Right Would Be Left.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
dereck said:
Just got my shocks back from Skull Man, awesome job by the way.

But when I was inspecting them, I realized I hadn't made any notes on which one is the left and right. :chair:

I looked in the service manual, but it wasn't much clearer.

As noted in the attached photos, the mounting brackets are off center and the rubber spacer is attached to the shock (not the loose rubber shock damper spacer mentioned in the service manual).

thanks
The offset left (shock pictured on the left side) is your right shock. I had the same question about two hours ago when mine arrived but eventually figured it out. BTW, the washer for the bottom mount goes on the outside of the swingarm, not inside. Had to look that one up to, may save you a minute down the line.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
He's are Shock Doctor! ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Got mine back from Skullman last week and remounted. Makes a big difference! And saves a buck or two! :dance:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Since you woke it up. The spacer goes between the shock and the frame. Larger spacer on the left side *I think*. :hmm:

Does it really matter what shock goes where? I mean you can spin the head around on the shock to make either fit on either side so long as the offset is toward the frame. The shocks are identical right?

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Hey it was almost 2am and never drink and work on your bike or post on the forum that late...lol

hunter i got mine cut one inch.

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL. Yea I saw that. It was almost midnight here and I was thinking WTF is he messing with his shocks for at this hour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts