Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I get Stock Rotor for the rear tire? Or a Polished one?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CaptFrog said:
Your friendly local Harley Davidson dealer.........:D
I was hoping for a place that will have it in stock. What is the price on these things anyways?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
The stock brake rotor is 41666-01 and any of the discount HD dealers like Hales or Chicago HD should have it for $78.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stever975 said:
The stock brake rotor is and any of the discount HD dealers like Hales or Chicago HD should have it for $78.
Thanks. The HD online is very helpful, 1 page of "Brake Rotor Inserts" and nothing about anything else.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guys & Gals, while we are on the subject does anyone know if the one above is different then the one that came on an 06 SE2??? Part number mentioned above is # 41666-01 and my books tells me mine is a # 41667-06???? Whats the difference, probably has to do with the addition of the Brembo brakes, they both are ugly as sin...........:barf:

Probably the only thing on my bike that is an eyesore beside myself! Does anyone sell one that is similar to the reactor wheel, like a 5 star type that would work on the SE2?? PLEASE help me find something out there to replace this POS!!!!! :paper:

Roger

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
rlemere06se said:
Guys & Gals, while we are on the subject does anyone know if the one above is different then the one that came on an 06 SE2??? Part number mentioned above is # 41666-01 and my books tells me mine is a # 41667-06???? Whats the difference, probably has to do with the addition of the Brembo brakes, they both are ugly as sin...........:barf:

Probably the only thing on my bike that is an eyesore beside myself! Does anyone sell one that is similar to the reactor wheel, like a 5 star type that would work on the SE2?? PLEASE help me find something out there to replace this POS!!!!! :paper:

Roger
Brembo rotor is a bit bigger in diameter

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just went through 1000 post's on rear rotors, does not look good for a replacement unless something new is out. Some of the post went back to 2004 so hopefully someone knows of a replacement. Did learn the Brembo is 11.8 compared to the original one of 11.3. Hope this is correct!

Roger

·
RIDE SAFE!!
615 Posts
i have a rear rotor with less than 4k on it off of an 04 A. If interested give me a pm. I assure you iit will be much less than 75

·
Registered
248 Posts
VrodG said:
The stock rotors polish up nice. :deal:
Seen VrodG's and they do indeed polish up very nice. Were I a polished kind of guy I would do it myself..
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
rlemere06se said:

Roger
So far I havn't been able to find anything different than the stock rotor.
I've been looking at some blanks and am waiting on thickness specs.If I get one that falls into factory spec parameters I'm going to hack it up and put it on my X w the slotted look the wheel and pulley has.

I guess everyone that has rear Brembo rotors likes the way they don't match any theme on the bike,there's absolutley no market for them.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
So far I havn't been able to find anything different than the stock rotor.
I've been looking at some blanks and am waiting on thickness specs.If I get one that falls into factory spec parameters I'm going to hack it up and put it on my X w the slotted look the wheel and pulley has.

I guess everyone that has rear Brembo rotors likes the way they don't match any theme on the bike,there's absolutley no market for them.

Elrod on the V-Rod
I've noticed..:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts