Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered Insane
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Installed my fresh motor today into the frame and I have a question about it. I have attached pictures here. I just want to know if it looks like I've got the rubber mountings in the right place on the left side. And there seems to be spaces on both sides between the frame and the swingarm. Is that how it's supposed to be? Please have a look and let me know what you think. If you need any written clarification I'll be monitoring this post for replies.

Attachments

·
Registered Insane
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boy that Manual is frustrating! I cannot find a picture to let me know if I got this right! As it turns out I have to do the job all over again because I finally found 2 engine mounts for less than 1/4 of what the stealership charges!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Hi guys,

Installed my fresh motor today into the frame and I have a question about it. I have attached pictures here. I just want to know if it looks like I've got the rubber mountings in the right place on the left side. And there seems to be spaces on both sides between the frame and the swingarm. Is that how it's supposed to be? Please have a look and let me know what you think. If you need any written clarification I'll be monitoring this post for replies.
Looks correct to me. Mounts are sandwiched between the frame hole and engine.
Ron

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
Hi guys,

my 06 R just happens to have swingarm removed so you can see it clearly.
see the pic

Attachments

·
Registered Insane
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It was several months ago when I took it apart to send the motor out for the refit. So I didn't know...There was a wear mark on the frame outside the mounting point that made it look like that rubber mount was there. So at least I got it right this time. Now to do it all over again when the new mounts arrive lol.

Oh, but I still have a question. I noticed the spacers were not both the same length. Just to confirm I got it right, which side does the long one belong? Clutch side or drive sprocket side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts