Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone worked out what to do ,or how to modify the old chrome cover kit for th 07 rear master cylinder,i dont like the black under the rest of my chrome,also same goes for the 07 ignition switch what can be done about getting rid of that and making it chrome,or not stand out as much ,ive looked at the relocation chrome switch but im sure its a lot of stuffing around and doesnt fit anyway,,,,these two bits bug the sh#t out of me,,,ps its for a aw,,,,,,thanks

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The 06 SE2 has a chrome master on it,it looks better than the regular black plastic,the ign switch is chrome on the SE2 also.

I've been working on a cover that matches the DX water pump hose cover.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woohoo,,,can anyone give me part numbers,and approx cost or even better can anyone email me a copy of the 06 se2 parts list,cos if i ask for it at the stealers they just look at me stupid and tell me its must be somewhere,,,and we will get back to you,,,,lol,,,funny never had a call ,,

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where on the internet can you look up part numbers for the 06 se 2 ,ive looked on the h,d site but i must be stupid cant see them ,,,,

·
Registered
225 Posts
I own an 06SE2, what are the parts you are looking for? I have a parts catalog....Can you send me a pic of the master cylinder you want?

Roger

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cant send pic ,but the rear master cylinder is the bit that hangs out of the bottom of the rear foot brake lever,and you can see the brake line attached to it,,,

·
Registered
225 Posts
BWDS, I thought that was what you were looking for, I can tell you that on the 06SE2 that part is not chrome, it is more like zinc plated. Some guys have bought the HD cover and modified it to work on the newer bikes. I might go that route or just remove mine this winter and have it chromed. If you want to see what it looks like now go into my gallery and look at "right side" photo. Glad to help out, and thanks again for the help with placement of the wiring blocks for the LED lights!

Roger

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
rlemere06se is correct. The Chrome kit HD sells P/N 42204-04 for the Rear Master Cylinder will not fit our SE2's. I had to take the Dremel to it and also drill and tap the RMC mounting nut Cap cover because the OEM nut on the SE2's do not fit properly allowing the use of the set screw on the Cap cover that comes with the kit.

It was a PITA, but I was able to get it on.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I'm surprised Harley hasn't made a new chrome cover for the Brembo system yet, since it was available for previous models with out brembo's.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your surprised,,,lol,,,im just pi''''ed off ,,,lol,,,and yes please tray could you sends some pics to me to please......thanks

and no problem roger hope it worked for you its messy when you take off air box cover ,but its good until then,,,lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts