Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was heading home one late night when the rain started to fall. I was almost to my crib when a woman in an SUV failed to stop at a side street and instead stopped in my lane. I probably braked a bit to hard and the road had a slight bend to it which spelled disaster... the rear tire locked immediately and the bike slid out from underneath me. I went down on my right shoulder and then my left arm and then the rest of me. The bike slid for about a meter or so. It stopped just before striking the vehicle which in restrospect was not good LOL as the woman drove off as soon as she saw me pick up my bike and my insurance only paid for the medical aspect of the crash as a result. In the end I had a scraped bike with a slightly twisted bar and a broken mirror. Repair bill... about 2 grand or so... me... 3 broken fingers and a damaged rotator cuff and a scraped knee... jacket slightly marred, jeans slightly ripped... watch broken... its it now 6 weeks later... I am pretty much 90% back to normal (just a bit stiff and with a bit less power... will get back to the gym next week!) the bike is still waiting on parts (fork seal) which has really made life inconvenient as I ride everyday... or would if my bike was ready... anyway... all well that ends well... so I hope the end comes soon!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Nice to hear you were able to hobble away to ride another day.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Glad your on the recovery and getting better every day .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... I am pretty much back to normal... just waiting on fork seals for the bike... then I will be back on the road! Ride Safe!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Glad you are still here to post. The bike can be fixed(slowly)!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just curious if you had remembered her plate number and reported the incident to the police if she would have been cited for leaving the scene of an accident?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get her plate number and I did report it to the police who did a search for her. But in Japan the plates have numbers and chinese characters... i remembered the numbers but not the chinese characters... (hopefully I got the numbers right - it was 2 am, raining, and I was busy holding up a big bike with a broken hand, and only saw the back of her SUV for a second or 2). The police did officially declare the accident her fault, and as a result the government offered to pic up my hospital tab... but my own insurance was slightly better (also adding a bit of money for each day I had to visit a doctor above and beyond actual costs) so I declined the government cheese... There is still an outside chance that she will be found... and I assume ticketed... and at the very least held responsible for her share of the accident... though the police officer said in the end it would be her word against mine and if she chose to deny the course of events there was not much that could be done...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts