Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have put up with my rear footpegs not staying up (in the not used position) for 2 years and now i have had enough !

except removing them completely is there a fix ?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
theres a "D" shaped washer/spacer you can bend it a little and it will help keep the pegs up.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
also if you have access to a grinder, put a grove in the side you bend the d ring to, it makes and indentation for the d ring and stays up better..

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
My stock ones worked fine, since I've gone chromed aftermarket. I've tried every fix I can think of, including reworking the wave springs, adding springs and an aftermarket spring setup. they're still down.
Ed

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
What's the big deal? Ignore it.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I drip a drop of red locktite into the gap. It works for months and then needs reapplied.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I drip a drop of red locktite into the gap. It works for months and then needs reapplied.
I've been doing the Loctite trick for years now. I use the blue type though. Whenever I have anyone on the back they are easy to force down. Wiggle them back and forth once done to get some of the dried Loctite out, then reapply. Works great and you can't see it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What about replacing the pin and spring with a chrome bolt and nut? Yeah it may look a little bigger, but I prefer functionality over looks and save the frustration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts