Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 2008 Nrod, I kind of like the retro look of it, much better than the restyling, but a bit lower and smaller rear fender would be even better. My questions is, do all these custom fenders that you see online need cutting of the metal part under it? I would like something that adjusts better to the rear wheel and cleaner, but don't like to mess with the bike structure in case I want to bring it back to stock.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So I just got a 2008 Nrod, I kind of like the retro look of it, much better than the restyling, but a bit lower and smaller rear fender would be even better. My questions is, do all these custom fenders that you see online need cutting of the metal part under it? I would like something that adjusts better to the rear wheel and cleaner, but don't like to mess with the bike structure in case I want to bring it back to stock.
Think all need some kind of cutting or removing of that inner fender, especially if you want to come lower down. The stock fender can still be refitted even if you have cut the inner, it only sits over the top of it. If you want come lower over the wheel you will probably have to remove it anyway so you can keep it for later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to go a bit lower, but not like those extra short that just hugh the wheel. I have seen some very similar to the stock (2007-2011), but tidier, just cant locate the exact model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a cult-werk rear fender and it does not require any permanent modifications. You do remove the rear metal subframe and replace it with the one from their kit, but you unbolt the old one and bolt in the new one so it is all completely reversible. The one I have has indentions on either side, but I believe they make one that is smooth as well. They are injection molded ABS and the fit was absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Also look at the Lottermann’s rear fenders, they say you don’t have to cut them either:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I thought you had to cut them all. I have seen one that is very similar to the stock one, but with smaller lights, I think I want to keep the two seater config for the time being, one seat is way cooler but I think I want to focus in reducing bulk on the back side. The plastic underneath the fender and smaller plate and signals. I have seen tail tidy kits for 2012 on, but nothing for the 2007-2011 model, any suggestions? BTW in my country side mounted plates are not an option, so it has to stay centered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts