Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a custom short fender made and am getting ready to paint it. What is common for the under side of the fender? I would assume it is going to get beat up from rocks and stuff. Is there something similair to LineX for truck beds that can be used?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Rubberized undercoating from any auto store would work fine. FWIW I've been running a fibreglass rear fender for a year with no problems and it isn't protected by anything.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I chopped my rear fender, as well as a plastic inner fender.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bproulxvrod said:
Rubberized undercoating from any auto store would work fine. FWIW I've been running a fibreglass rear fender for a year with no problems and it isn't protected by anything.
Since mine is steel I don't want it to rust up if it gets dinged underneath. Do people typically coat the underneath with that rubberized stuff or am I just being paranoid?

·
Desk Jockey
1,055 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
Exactly. Rubberrized undercoating will work. Just make sure its says its paintable and make sure its thoroughly dry before applying paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts