Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:vrod: hey, everyone! this is my first post.first wanna say "what a cool site." too much info to try and process. i have a ? for anyone that can help. what can i do with my rear fender? have a vrscd 07.had it since aug.still stock.wanna do alot to it actually, but tight budget.dont care for the space in between wheel and fender.so wondering if this something maybe i can do.any suggestions would be appreciated. hope to hear from everybody soon.thanks:blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Snow shovel? Sled for the kids?.... No more seriously I think JE Illusions is making a fender and a few have used one from an older bike. Use the search mechanism at the top and type in rear fender, you will get boat loads of stuff.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
your best bet for getting out that huge gap is to do some springs on the bike...i think the d has a stock 13" shock on it, but i may be wrong it may be a 12.5. Most people go with a 12" progressive shock, others like myself went with a slammed bike and went even lower.

with a 12" shock, you will dramatically change the looks of the bike, with no real worries of hitting the ground. your weight has a good deal of an effect on ride height as well.. how much do you weigh?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
gdub, he already has a D so that thread would just tell him how to put a d fender on a bike that is already equipped with that fender stock

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I am sorry, thought he had the 07 wide fender, Please everyone disregard all of my retarded posts, or at least only the retarted ones in this thread, so all of them. Thank you for your time..... um me waisting yours.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
lol, easy mistake brotha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
12" progressive shocks. thx venomous.ill look into it.any other options for me?how will that change the ride/comfort? i weigh 210-215lbs

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
the progressives seem to be the most popular option. I chose the 412 series, they are a lot more afforable but they arent as good of a shock as a 440 series shock. I was talked out of buying the heavy duty springs in my shocks and i regret not doing them, however i am 3/4 of a inch lower than you will be also, so you probably still wont have an issue with clearance. I would have done the heavy duty springs and used a lighter setting for them vs having the regular 412's and using the stiffest setting and actually wanting a little more.

i was very happy to see how much smoother the aftermarket shocks handled the shock of riding than than the stockers... the stock shocks handled fine when i hadnt riden with the progressives, but after having them installed i wouldnt want to ride with the stock shocks for long

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
:welcome:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Where are you at in Indiana? We are trying to get together one more time before the snow flies. Probably be up towards Michigan look under the rally and group rides by CptJam.

You'll get to see a lot of different ride heights from all the different set ups.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
:welcome:

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome

1 - 20 of 28 Posts