Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time it was on my Heritage Springer. Today some bonehead soccer mom with a cell phone glued to her head didn't see me, the obnoxiously bright orange reflective vest I was wearing, my blinding LED tailight or the van in front of me with even more brake lights on.

What's a guy gotta do???

Friggin cagers...

Me and the 'rod are ok by the way.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, what's your next move, how much damage to you or the rod. Glad to hear you're ok.

Jeff

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
GordoJ52 said:
Sorry to hear about your situation, what's your next move, how much damage to you or the rod. Glad to hear you're ok.

Jeff
I Second that....Happy to hear your doing fine....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Join the club my friend.
I got hit this morning @ 4:30AM.
The dude kept on going while I was sliding on the ground.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Glad you both are Ok and able to post.

·
Registered
70 Posts
good to see you are ok
Poeple who drive and hit motorcycles cause they didnt see them and all the lame excuses should be charged with some sort of attempted murder or the like, just get the mothers off the road permanantly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NorcalNiteRod said:
Join the club my friend.
I got hit this morning @ 4:30AM.
The dude kept on going while I was sliding on the ground.
Glad you're ok. I've been very lucky so far. I've been hit twice and still have never dropped a bike (knock on wood).

Funny thing, I bought one of those run/turn/brake controllers to convert my turn signals into extra brake lights, but I haven't installed it yet. I guess I have a pretty good excuse to work on the bike tomorrow and install them, I think I also have a good excuse to upgrade to those blinding heavycycles LED turn signals too. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Please everyone just ride safe!
It's usually not the rider but the dumb f u c k on their cell or in a hurry to get somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
NorcalNiteRod said:
It's usually not the rider but the dumb f u c k on their cell or in a hurry to get somewhere.
:them:

And watch your rearview mirrors at every stop being ready to move if necessary..

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
VRod RS said:

And watch your rearview mirrors at every stop being ready to move if necessary..

your right about that......something else to look for.... :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
VRod RS said:

Right. No putting her in Neutral at a light. Get ready to gun it out of the way if you have to....

I've seen bikes that have brake lights that blink 3 or 4 times every time you hit the brake which to me was very noticable. Is that something that they sell to install on bikes?

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
NorcalNiteRod said:
:them: WOW I am glad both you guys r OK, I hope all gets better for both of u.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
so what kind of damages did the rod encounter

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
sudolg said:
Right. No putting her in Neutral at a light. Get ready to gun it out of the way if you have to....

I've seen bikes that have brake lights that blink 3 or 4 times every time you hit the brake which to me was very noticable. Is that something that they sell to install on bikes?
They're callde tail light modulators. I think the Biketronics ones have a pretty good rep.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRod RS

Custom Dynamics sells these Pulse Modulators: http://www.customdynamics.com/brake_light_modulator.htm

·
Registered
35 Posts
man that's gotta suck. glad you're okay though. makes me more aware that I'm not checking my rearview mirrors enough while at stop light or slowing down to stop.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Big_Red said:
They're callde tail light modulators. I think the Biketronics ones have a pretty good rep.
I run a tail light modulator made by TAILBLAZERS. It plugs into your standard socket. No further wiring necessary. By pumping your brake, you can change the modulation frequency...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts