Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to rebuild the rear Caliper on the 2002? Its going into the shop anyways I might as well have it done since I cannot get a used one to save my life. The Service Manual shows the Disassembly and says that I need a Piston Remover (Pt# HD-43293) which I cannot find anywhere on the web to check Pricing, it also doesnt include a part # for a Rebuild kit of any kind. Is thee a rebuild kit for Calipers or do I have to try and order 100 seperate parts?

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
There is a rebuild kit available and it basically consists of O rings and some silicone lube. There not hard to rebuild at all and the trickiest part is removing the pistons. You might try an auto parts to see if they have some piston pliers. I used compressed air to force mine out but that can be tricky. Be very careful with the pistons and bores to avoid scratching or nicking them. The rebuild kits from HD have instructions that come with them and it's pretty straight forward.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Danno said:
There is a rebuild kit available and it basically consists of O rings and some silicone lube. There not hard to rebuild at all and the trickiest part is removing the pistons. You might try an auto parts to see if they have some piston pliers. I used compressed air to force mine out but that can be tricky. Be very careful with the pistons and bores to avoid scratching or nicking them. The rebuild kits from HD have instructions that come with them and it's pretty straight forward.
Hmm that Rebuild kit might be listed in later Manuals I guess.

·
Member #415
1,713 Posts
Frank Storms said:
David,

I have one off my 03 with only about 1000 miles on it. If you want it for just the shipping cost, let me know.

Frank

Hey Frank, I was thinkig of re-building my 1130 motor.
You would'nt hapeen to have 1 of them lying around, would you ??
Of course, I would pay shipping....:hidesbeh:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frank Storms said:
David,

I have one off my 03 with only about 1000 miles on it. If you want it for just the shipping cost, let me know.

Frank
I will take it! Thanx!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts