Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
The price is good. If it's the same as your existing one, why do you think it'll perform differently. (unless the current one is hosed)

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I don't get it. Isn't it the same as yours now?

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Its a good price. Welcome to the dark side. Should've just gone with the B model in the first place!:stilpoke:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My rear caliper is just constantly dragging the tiniest bit making a great howl all the time, its embarrassing and I have tried cleaning it several times, replaced pads etc.. to no avail. I am not taking it off rebuilding just to discover it doing it again. I will take great pleasure in beating the old one to death with a hammer.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
luxlamf said:
My rear caliper is just constantly dragging the tiniest bit making a great howl all the time, its embarrassing and I have tried cleaning it several times, replaced pads etc.. to no avail. I am not taking it off rebuilding just to discover it doing it again. I will take great pleasure in beating the old one to death with a hammer.

You have to take the old one off to install a new one. Save some money and just buy the rebuild kit. If anythings sticking, it's probably one of the pistons caused by dirt in the bore. Clean everything out good with brake cleaner & compressed air, install new seals and wipers and it "should" perform like new. It's very easy to rebuild a caliper, plus who knows if the used one your buying is any better. M2C.....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was OUT BID!!! The HORROR of it all! I forgot to snipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts