Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake light switch works for the signal, but it's leaking like crazy. I troubleshoot today, took exhaust pipes off, and discovered this. When I pump the rear brake pedal, the electrical contacts on the switch immediately become wet. Is it known problem?
Also, anyone knows the part number? I have 2008 VRSCAW. And the brake light switch looks like MCSLS4. Is this a right one?
Hand Hood Automotive tire Bumper Finger
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Cable

·
VRSC est -03
3,497 Posts
I had the same story on the FLHX -09. Was discovered by sheer luck inside the garage, brake pedal went straight to the bottom without resistance. I assume the reason it fails is due to the close location to the exhaust system, the heat melts the switch inside... So when mounting I would recommend some extra insulating material. In addition, I made a small heat shield that was mounted between the switch and the system. The part number for original switch is HD 72023-51E all V-rod models.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the same story on the FLHX -09. Was discovered by sheer luck inside the garage, brake pedal went straight to the bottom without resistance. I assume the reason it fails is due to the close location to the exhaust system, the heat melts the switch inside... So when mounting I would recommend some extra insulating material. In addition, I made a small heat shield that was mounted between the switch and the system. The part number for original switch is HD 72023-51E all V-rod models.
Part number for V-rods with forward controls. VRSCR with mid control with Brembo brakes use 72025-06B and it has metric threads. I just ordered a spare, thanks for the heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts