Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the module to make my rear signals come on with my brake light....If you've got a 02-05 forget it!...I moved that thing 10 ways till tuesday and there is no where you can get it between the tins and the metal underframe...it's too thick and your tins will not line up to be remounted. The only possibility I see is spliciing all the wires to much longer versions an putting it up under the seat somewhere... but as is ...Nah

just fyi

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
It'll fit, but just barely. The trick is to pull the tail light, put the fender back on (sorta) with the module in place, and move the module around by poking your fingers through the tail light hole until you can fully fit the fender again. Mark the module's location with a magic marker. Pull the fender and mount the module permanently per your prior mark. Take particular care of where you route the wires to avoid binding on the fender. Re-mount the fender and haul ass.

It takes a lot of patience but the result is well worth the effort, particularly if you go with LED's in the signals. I've studied the facial expressions of cagers behind me when I hit the brakes and you get RIGHT NOW recognition when you touch the brake lever/pedal.

Good luck.

AK

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Put mine in with no problem, just have to move wires to both side of light. It will fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts