Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done this - is this feasible?

I'd prefer to have my brake pedal underneath my right foot, so I can dab it now and again on corners without having to remove my foot from the "resting" position.

Just want to be able to "toe forwards" for a little back brake. It would mean lowering the lever a couple of inches.

Possible?

Cheers!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not sure... tho I know sometimes it's a pain.

If I dont think I'll be using it my foot rests underneath it... if I know i will be using it, I rest my foot on there for as long as I think I need it whether I use it or not... little strain on your leg, but... guess that's what you gotta do... then again, unless you sucessfully mod it ;)

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KemahNightrod said:
Not sure... tho I know sometimes it's a pain.

If I dont think I'll be using it my foot rests underneath it... if I know i will be using it, I rest my foot on there for as long as I think I need it whether I use it or not... little strain on your leg, but... guess that's what you gotta do... then again, unless you sucessfully mod it ;)
I like to dab on corners, must take a close look at that pedal and how it operates because it's my one complaint about the bike. That and it's sucking the life out of me modification money wise!

Talking of which, how's them tabs. Myself and Drew (nightroddrew) have been in conversation about them, we'd need to de-cat the pipe though due to the catalyst etc...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Love em... posted pics on the topic under here. A lot louder than I thought they'd be.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Kieron said:
Anybody done this - is this feasible?

I'd prefer to have my brake pedal underneath my right foot, so I can dab it now and again on corners without having to remove my foot from the "resting" position.

Just want to be able to "toe forwards" for a little back brake. It would mean lowering the lever a couple of inches.

Possible?

Cheers!
again have look in my gallery,brought the foot peg up and back two and half inches brake pedal sits now under ball of my foot.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jimlowe said:
again have look in my gallery,brought the foot peg up and back two and half inches brake pedal sits now under ball of my foot.
Cheers Jim, I'd really want to leave my pedal where it is though due to my height....

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Kieron i also had my shift lever lengthened 2" by cutting it in half and welding a piece in.you could do exactly the same thing with the brake lever, and change the angle if you want by making the piece you put in slightly wedged shaped.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Go search the R forum, as a fix has been posted to lower the rear brake lever. Hope this is what you are after

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts