Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I needed to adjust my brake pedal, it sits way to high for me. I figured how hard could it be, I used the search feature :D and before anyone says it, I did order a HD service manual but it is not in yet. Well first of all, I ripped the boot that goes over the plunger for the rear master cylinder, I did remove the foot peg, but I still couldn't see the adjustment for the pedal adjustment. Then I figured I'll remove the brake pedal, so I removed the klevis pin in the back of the pedal, I still couldn't get it off, or get it adjusted, now I can't get the pin back in, I'm having no luck with my new ride. I have tried to look up the boot for the rear master cylinder, but I can't find a parts microfiche. Does Harley not publish these things? I hope this part is available.

·
I piss excellence
492 Posts
There is no adjustment for the rear brake lever. I took mine off and brought it to a local propeller repair shop that does aluminum welding. Paid 25 bucks to have it cut and welded back on at a better angle. It turned out awesome, there's no way you would ever know by looking at it what was done, except that it sits at a much better angle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the part number for the rubber cover on the rear master cylinder. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to remove the brake pedal assembly so I can replace this boot?

·
I piss excellence
492 Posts
Remove the clevis pin that attaches the pedal to the master cylinder. Remove the bolt that holds the footpeg in place. Slide the footpeg out, and the pedal will come with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts