Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2005 new to me vrod no manual how do I and how do I access rear master cylinder to top up with dot 5

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Have 2005 new to me vrod no manual how do I and how do I access rear master cylinder to top up with dot 5
Screw at bottom of the right rad cover. Undo it and pop the bottom outward some then lift cover to allow the top clip dowel to come out. Then drop the cover down until it disengages the tabs.
A manual is a good idea if you plan on working on these bikes.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Agree about the need for a service manual if working on the bike, but even the owner's manual (available here after entering the V.I.N.) will explain how to find things like the rear brake MC reservoir.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Screw at bottom of the right rad cover. Undo it and pop the bottom outward some then lift cover to allow the top clip dowel to come out. Then drop the cover down until it disengages the tabs.
A manual is a good idea if you plan on working on these bikes.
Ron
Agreed. IMO, there is NO single better investment than buying the Harley service manual. I have used it countless times and will continue to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts