Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the bike today and noticed the rear brake lens is cracking, only 6000 ks and 4 months old , are our roads so bad?

Always had a rattle in the arse end seems it has been shaking itself to Shit

Will advise the dealer tomorrow.

:paper:

·
Registered
48 Posts
tail light cracks

My bike is a 2003 A model with 67000klms on the clock. It got a small crack in it and if finally grew to about 4 cm long. I replaced it with a LED one (have to buy the whole unit - not just the lens :mad: ) last month. It worked out to be about $150 all up with postage and the conversion. I bought it from Chicago HD. They were really helpful. It works out that they are about $297 ish retail here so BARGAIN!
I have also had the top heat shield from my exhaust crack off TWICE and that was in the first 6 months. Yes, our roads are bad!

Cheers
Lucky

·
Registered
203 Posts
My was cracked too and I replaced it with LED (eBay I think around 80 bucks). Works charm :) Today I replaced rear blinkers with LED as well.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blacktown HD and buell is ordering a new one, seems you haver to get the whole brake light assembly not just the lens, Kind of stupid.

·
Registered
512 Posts
george_online said:
My was cracked too and I replaced it with LED (eBay I think around 80 bucks). Works charm :) Today I replaced rear blinkers with LED as well.

What sort of led did you get George... thinking of getting a set .

·
Registered
203 Posts
mc 88 said:
What sort of led did you get George... thinking of getting a set .
This one has integrated turn signals
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VRod...020QQitemZ300136924304QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

This one doesn. I got this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VRod...020QQitemZ300138059495QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

and I just put LED back Turn signals instead of stock bulbs. I also changed the orange to smoke domes.

Winsor Harley provided the led bulbs. And they instaled the tail light for me too. They're good and friendly mob. If you buy things on eBay they don't have any beef and will happy install for you. They actually made apes for me as u can't buy them for VRSCA.

·
Registered
512 Posts
george_online said:
This one has integrated turn signals
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VRod...020QQitemZ300136924304QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

This one doesn. I got this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VRod...020QQitemZ300138059495QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

and I just put LED back Turn signals instead of stock bulbs. I also changed the orange to smoke domes.

Winsor Harley provided the led bulbs. And they instaled the tail light for me too. They're good and friendly mob. If you buy things on eBay they don't have any beef and will happy install for you. They actually made apes for me as u can't buy them for VRSCA.

Thanks George... Thats a goodprice for the Clear Alternative model..

Im still trying to decide which way to go with the rear blinkers...

BTW where is Windsor Harley??

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Ooh - that's cheap! Thanks George!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Windsor does not have a dealer, Blacktown is the most westerly odf the Sydney dealers after that it is Capital HD at Orange.

Unless there is a independant somewhere in between

·
Registered
203 Posts
Windsor Harley is workshop ph. 02 4577 8090
They are not big but very friendly. more like old school mob.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to Windsor this week got a address for them?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blactown is repalcing the tail light assembly tomorrow. Nice quick service especailly for warranty.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Shed said:
Blactown is repalcing the tail light assembly tomorrow. Nice quick service especailly for warranty.
Check out how they are going with my bike when you are there... I said they can keep it till sat

They said about 3 hours labour to do the heated grips...

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 hours for the grips, sounds a bit rich to me, or are they internally wiring the bars? I will ask tomorrow. Hey I have proposed a Satiurday ride. 3 so far see if you can get it on Friday.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Shed said:
3 hours for the grips, sounds a bit rich to me, or are they internally wiring the bars? I will ask tomorrow. Hey I have proposed a Satiurday ride. 3 so far see if you can get it on Friday.
I thought so too... but wait and see how they go.. i would expect it to come in a little less than that!!

Sat may not be so good for me.. i just realised i have a wedding to go to at 1 pm...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Windsor Harley
Unit 10,91 Fairey Rd. South Windsor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts