Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear break failed about a month a go, and I had to lay down the bike to avoid an end over. Just got it back from the shop road it the 45 miles home and took it out today and it happened again. It works fine and then it just fails, almost like sever brake fade. Fluid levels are fine, and I can't find a leak. Could it be a bad gasket in the master cylinder itself? The dealer, Worth HD in KC, seams stumped. Funny considering the bikes are built her. Any suggestions?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
why is your user square set up not showing the amount of posts?

You need to find a different shop,one that knows what the hell they are doing.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
BlackHawk, I can solve this phantom problem easily. Your 3 year old hydroscopic, (likes to pull moisture from the air), brake fluid needs drained, flushed, and refilled. Do it for the front & rear brakes, as well as your clutch.
My rear brakes failed last year, but the rears seized onto the rotor while making a routine stop. Luckily Axel & John were stopped far enough apart that my leg barely scraped Axel's side mount tag holder.
Don't wait for it to happen a third time. While your at it, you might as well change out the rear brake switch, it is due to fail any moment now and you'll have the system drained anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts