Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just change my rear (2006 vrscd) to 240 09 (the whole set, wheel + swingarm + brake + etc ...). Here are my problem:

1. Does the caliper for 09 work on 06? Somehow I can make it works.
2. Is there anyway I could adjust the 06 shocks to make the rear higher since even I mod'ed the inner fender (I used the 06 fender on the 240), it's still too low.

thnx

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...I just change my rear (2006 vrscd) to 240 09 (the whole set, wheel + swingarm + brake + etc ...). Here are my problem:

1. Does the caliper for 09 work on 06? Somehow I can make it works.
2. Is there anyway I could adjust the 06 shocks to make the rear higher since even I mod'ed the inner fender (I used the 06 fender on the 240), it's still too low. ...
I’m not sure I understand your caliper problem. If you replaced everything from the 2009 there shouldn’t be a compatibility problem. What isn’t working?

I don’t know of any way to raise ride height with HD VRSC rear shocks.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I think AW/A shocks are a half inch higher than the D and or DX. Not positive on that one. Since the '06D has Brembo brakes, there should not be any issue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with the brake I am having is there is no pressure when I tried to press on the pedal. I tried to open the nut to release air and pushed the pedal. I got the fluid came out from there too, but somehow it still doesn't work...........

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
So you put the free floating 09 rear disc rotor on ?
It should be the same thickness as your existing so should be no problem there.
Did you use a tool to pry the brake pads apart when you went to put the brakes back on and maybe you pushed the piston in too far ?
Take the brake off the rotor and put a shim about the same thickness as the disc in between the brake pads and depress the brake lever and watch to see if both pads are closing onto the shim.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnx Tie One On. The caliper and the rotor came together as a whole rear end of the 09. I didn't even take it off yet. if I have to take it off, do I have to take the whole wheel off or just the top part of the caliper (which has the brake pad)? thnx for ur help.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
Yes you have to take the rear wheel off to remove the brake.
So, to get this straight in my mind, you bought the wheel with thee rotor disc already on it, AND you put a 09 F model brake on it ? Correct ?
If there is fluid coming out when you bleed them, then I would say there either might be something up with the brake piston(s) or the pads are very very worn. I am guessing the first not the second item.
Take the brake off and put a shim of some sort like a thin piece of metal between the pads and work the brake a few times to make sure the pistons are closing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I took the brake off and confirm that the piston was push out, but not enough to push the brake pad all the way out. Wat could be the problem? thnx

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
how worn are the brake pads, and are you certain the bleeder is closed completely?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts