Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Does anyone know the dealer time for removing & reinstalling the rear axle from a 2014 DX? Thanks, Dave
Worst possible case and no rusted parts, can't see it being more then 1/2 hour to swap it, which would likely be a minimum charge. Seized axle, well that can extend things. What's wrong with your axle?
Ron

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Those pegs are on the swing arm pivot. Not the rear axle. A dealership will charge you for much more than an hour or so.

·
Danodemotoman
36 Posts
As corrosion was mentioned. Recently replaced rear tire and the rear axle was a B*&^$H to get out. Had to use a small sledge and 18" extension to pound it out. Did hammer the end where the safety clip goes but we opened that up enough with a hacksaw blade.
Edit: likely at 13k miles it might have been the original tire!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thinking about a Cycle Visions Pegs on the swing arm pivot bolt.
I had thoes swing arm mounted passenger foot rest. Well I eventually
took them off. To much vibration (buzz feeling) to the foot I thought. Because thats where the rear engine mounts are located. I felt I wasted $300. Some type of frame mount would be best.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had thoes swing arm mounted passenger foot rest. Well I eventually
took them off. To much vibration (buzz feeling) to the foot I thought. Because thats where the rear engine mounts are located. I felt I wasted $300. Some type of frame mount would be best.
Ok, we're did you remount your passenger pegs? Thanks, Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.