Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the prototype...

shown in red, setup as a dual-function, run and brake light. can also be made in amber, single-function or dual-function.

any thoughts or comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Doc,

Again you amaze!!!!! They look very very slick. Boy, we're going to have a lot of rear end wiring going on..............

Great job. :slap:

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Joe -- very cool. Is there any way to integrate the turn signal function. I have the Stage2 and that more than fills the bill from a breaking standpoint, but I would like to augment the turn signal visability.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Michael333 said:
Joe -- very cool. Is there any way to integrate the turn signal function. I have the Stage2 and that mone than fills the bill from a breaking standpoint, but I would like to augment the turn signal function.
I'm with Mike on that. If you build it, I'll buy it.

Would going that route with the stage 2, no rear signals, and the led axle signals require anything additional?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow, what would make that really cool is if they could be made wireless, but then you'd have to worry about batteries.

Dave

·
Registered
696 Posts
Very Nice from what I can tell in the pictures. If they look as nice in person I'll buy a set!.......so how much?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
That's what I'm looking for, Joe. Thanks for taking the time to go through with this and for coming up with yet another excellent design. :thumb:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I'm with everyone else.looks good
what's the prices?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Forgot to ask earlier, Joe. What did you have in mind for the wiring? I was originally thinking about running the wiring on the inside of the swingarm and then up over/around the gas tank and tying it into a live wire, however now with an integrated brake light (and possibly turn signals for some models) that won't be possible. I'm sure you have something in mind, I was just curious.

·
Banned
924 Posts
nice job. I'd like a set just like the one displayed or maybe a clear lens with red LEDs would look real nice. Add me to the "Buy" list.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, I think I've nailed down the source for those lenses and how to get them built consistantly.

I'm going to sell them as a complete cover/turn signal.

I'm also going to put 6 foot leads on them and include a set of terminals and plugs for the ends to plug into the stock plugs (or the pass-throughs on a Stage 2 light). This will make routing the wires easiest.

The costs are looking to be as follows:

- "Single filament" style in red or amber, for turn signal applications, will be about $159.95, axle covers included.
- "Dual-filament" style in red only, for use run/brake and/or turn signal applications, will be about $179.00, axle covers included.

- Send in your chrome covers for converting and I'll take $30.00 off of the price.

I'm going to make them availabe very shortly, I'm just waiting for a confirmation on one of the parts involved.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts