Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As often as "stealerships" get raked across the coals (and I have done it myself--and know that it is often well-deserved) I thought that a report of a really outstanding service experience would be welcomed. Well, all I can say is kudos to Max and his crew at Central HD in Shawnee, KS.

I bought my '03 'Rod from a dealership in Maryland when I was working in DC. I never received the Service Bulletin on the fuel flange issue, and did not think it was a problem with my bike. Then a few weeks ago, I started getting the surging and bogging, and after checking around on here, and with the help of Danno, diagnosed the infamous fuel flange problem. Damn.

Well, I pretty much expected this to suck. I thought that I would have to fight to get a dealership to take care of the problem, and probably would end up having to buy the kit and fix it myself. But nooooooope!

I called Max and Central, told him the problem and that I had gotten a copy of the Bulletin off of V-RodForums and could they take care of me? He hesitated, and I thought, "here we go." Then he said, well, we are a little backed up right now with Sturgis going on and all, it'll probably take a week." I just about fell off my chair. No argument, no denying, just "bring her in as soon as you can and we'll get you taken care of."

So I "brought her in," and true to his word, in less than a week Max had gotten the parts, fixed it--and run a check on my cooling system and tightened up some hose clamps because I seemed to be seeping a little bit of coolant--and told me to come and get my bike. I did, and there was no charge, and they did a great job. Runs like new.

Fast, efficient, courteous service. Way to go Max and Central HD!:plause:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
This is good,I like hearing this.

Yesterday Leo took me around Jville a liitle bit and we went into ADAMEC HD in JVille,nice place and they sell alot of V-Rods.
I found a rotor I liked at the parts wall and asked the counter guy some questions,he couldn't answer them and sent me to another counter in the center of the dealer,it's a consultant counter.John Fritsch is the chrome and performance consultant and a big fan of air heads,very knowlegable.He likes V-Rods too.The rotor I wanted was for the rear of my X and the book said it only fit up to 05 Harleys.We looked and talked for a while and he entered my name in his computer so that he can find the design rotor I want,I really enjoyed his interest in me as an out of town customer.If he finds a rotor I'll buy it from him.
We also got to talkin about V-Rods and he says he's in the market for one now.He was a little frustrated about the lack of info on V-Rods so I turned him onto our Forums.When he got it up on line he just said WOW!
He said he's gonna join so he can become a better consultant.
I also asked him to look at the Home Coming Rally and he couldn't believe we get this attention.
I mentioned if he really likes our place to go ahead and make a donation for the giveaway night.:diablo:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Another dealership that I would recommend is Paradise HD in Tigard, OR. They are not perfect, but they always gave me great service. The folks there are very nice and knowledgable.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
I mentioned if he really likes our place to go ahead and make a donation for the giveaway night.:diablo:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:
Heh heh heh.....way to put the arm on 'em Elrod. :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good on you for giving credit when credit is due. I sure wish we all had great experiences like this. Way to go Max in KS.

Jarhead88

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was very happy with the (pre-sales at least) service I received at the Bloomington, IN H-D. They sponsor the Riders Edge course there and everyone was always really friendly, even when I went in a couple times after the class. The dealers local to me (Bloomington is about 90 mins away) are complete jerks, so if I end up being able to afford the Rod I want to buy, I'll probably buy it from the Bloomington guys.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Earl Smalls in Smyrna, GA was a great experience for the sell. The parts guys seem to know what was going on with V's and based on the info I have got from this site did not try to bs me.

I just hope service will be just as enjoyable as the purchase was.

·
Hawkeyes Fan
43 Posts
Indy West HD in Plainfield IN is an awesome dealership. We bought the VROD
there and were treated like family. I tell everyone to give them a visit for
service,parts,sales or just to shoot the breeze.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
MID-OHIO in Springfield, Ohio and FS in Dayton, Ohio are both VRod friendly. Havent had any service done, but my friends have and they loved both dealerships. FS has a dyno that I am going to soon use and come highly reguarded for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts