Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I own three bikes (see signature). All three have service contracts. I prefer to let someone else et their finger nails greasy.
Took my VRSCX in for 12K service which takes two days because of valve lash adjustments. Part of the service contract is that the dealere provides me a loaner bike while servicing my bike.
I am well know at this dealer and visit frequently like every week or so.

As I am riding into the dealer parking lot there stood the Rental bike manager. He also is responsible for the loaners. I stopped and talked to him for a few minutes then proceeded to the service dept. where I dropped off my bike.

I then proceeded to the rental dept. to pick up my loaner. The guy at the desk had the paper work ready for signing and I did not think much about this. They normally ask what kind of bike I want and I usually pick a bagger since I normally have a arm load of gear (rain gear etc) or am off to do some shopping at a local mall which will require somewhere to stow the stuff.

At any rate, I sign the papers and the guy says Will has my bike outside. Will is the rental manager. I walk outside and there is Will and he has a brand new 2008 VRSCDX waiting for me as my two day loaner. I almost cried. I have all this gear and no way to strap it on the DX. I HAD TO DECLINE THE OFFER.
While riding their Road King home I felt great periods of remorse and shame.
I could have had a DX to ride for 2 days.

Maybe next time I will come prepared for a DX.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You took the bike in too early for a valve adjustment...interval has been bumped up to 15,000 miles

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I would have left my gear there and picked it up some other time and taking the DX.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
ohioVROD said:
I would have left my gear there and picked it up some other time and taking the DX.
:them:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohioVROD said:
I was in shock and could not think rationally at the time.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JDR_ROD said:
You took the bike in too early for a valve adjustment...interval has been bumped up to 15,000 miles
Tha valve adjustmentt was the dealers call. The tech felt it needed it.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
i would have took the DX too

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rckozma said:
Just means in 3000 miles when he goes back to get the valves done again he can get the DX.
They don't normally loan out the V-rods. At any rate the bike had 15k miles on it and the next service interval, according to the owners manual is 16K so I may be on that DX next week or the week after. I will come prepared the next time. Maybe a back pack.

I was late with the 12K service interval because of the KC Rally. I left Fla with 11K miles on it and got back 3500 miles later.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I need a new freakin DEALER.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts