Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I have lowered the price on my R in a orgasmic fantasy that it will sell. I have been to the a dealer here locally and he has 2 DX, both 07's. One of them is the vivid and one the matte. He is talking $17.5. How is that price in the real world?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
WAY high, Mike. List was $16,495 and you should be able to do better than that, since the 08s are already out...

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I agree, I looked at an 08 D and coulda walked out the door with it at $15,900!! You should be able to get that 07 at less than MSRP.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
FWIW, I picked up my '06 last year for 1.5k under list - largely because I bought it a week befor the 07s came out. Why would you buy an 07 at List+?!?

IMO, you'd do better to find a leftover new 06D (they're around). Then you can have you mids and forwards too. Else just get an 08 DX for the 1250, O2 sensors, ABS and slipper clutch.

That dealer should be begging you to take the 07 off his hands for < $16k OTD

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
streetrodder06 said:
I agree, I looked at an 08 D and coulda walked out the door with it at $15,900!! You should be able to get that 07 at less than MSRP.
I heard that each dealer was only getting 2 '08 DX guaranteed. Maybe that is just the initial order.

PS- Steppenwolf and Streetroder...do you guys read EVERY thread? I thought maybe I could hide in here.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
the prices quoted are high. You can get a better deal.
And Walmart has a special on green paint, too. Sorry just had to throw that in.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
You can run, but ya can't hide :stilpoke: Seriously, i just bounce around all over the place. Don't like to limit myself on where I post, as long as i can add something knowledgeable to the thread.

·
06 VRSCR
276 Posts
Gazoo said:
... I have been to the a dealer here locally and he has 2 DX, both 07's. One of them is the vivid and one the matte. He is talking $17.5. How is that price in the real world?
You should be able to buy two 06 R's for that price.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steppenwolf said:
FWIW, I picked up my '06 last year for 1.5k under list - largely because I bought it a week befor the 07s came out. Why would you buy an 07 at List+?!?

IMO, you'd do better to find a leftover new 06D (they're around). Then you can have you mids and forwards too. Else just get an 08 DX for the 1250, O2 sensors, ABS and slipper clutch.

That dealer should be begging you to take the 07 off his hands for < $16k OTD
I'm looking at a DX...not a D

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I offered the dealer $15k OTD. He said no, but it took a long time to do it. I will wait him out awhile and see what happens.

Do you have to get ABS on the 08? That would kill the deal for me. I don't want ABS on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are 4 Denim (matte) 07 DX's at the las Vegas HD all for $16,500 on the sticker. I am sure you could work a little off that too. I ended up around $700 below sticker on my 07 DX.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Gazoo said:
I offered the dealer $15k OTD. He said no, but it took a long time to do it. I will wait him out awhile and see what happens.

Do you have to get ABS on the 08? That would kill the deal for me. I don't want ABS on a motorcycle.
Nope, the ABS is just an option.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
You will get it at the price you offered, just might take a bit.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jonny Vegas Rod said:
There are 4 Denim (matte) 07 DX's at the las Vegas HD all for $16,500 on the sticker. I am sure you could work a little off that too. I ended up around $700 below sticker on my 07 DX.
Thanks for the heads up. I have to have a shiny motorcycle though. Too many years of primered cars for me to go flat. No offense to those who like them, I am just an old dude and can't swing with the matte look. Of course if I do end up with one I will replace the mundane stipes with this fine green I seem to like. Also green lines around the wheels.:wazzup:

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Utah. :D

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
I think it would look good!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Gazoo said:
Thanks for the heads up. I have to have a shiny motorcycle though. Too many years of primered cars for me to go flat. No offense to those who like them, I am just an old dude and can't swing with the matte look. Of course if I do end up with one I will replace the mundane stipes with this fine green I seem to like. Also green lines around the wheels.:wazzup:

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Utah. :D
Go fluorescent on the stripes.....that's :wazzup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts