Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the reactor rim come in what ever size it needs to for the 07 240 rear end,..thanks

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Yes it does.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok why is it when i look at the h,d site i look up wheels and it only comes up with front wheels ,twice for after 02 models,,

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Check my gallery. I have them with a 240. You need to buy the complete set off an 2006 SE2 bike. Not sure what year your bike is. But mine is an 2005 and I needed to buy the wheels, skinny sprocket, skinny belt, off set 28T tranny pully and wheel spacers. Also had to mod the swing arm for it to all fit. Just had to cut the braake caliper mount a bit and grind an area where the pulley is close to the swingarm. Hope that answers your questions. If not just do a search on reactors and 240 and I'm sure you wil find the posts.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
chrome put a reactor on his 07 dx

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
If you have an 07 bike you might want to PM chrome. He put a set on his DX and I remember there was some spacing issues. So if you have an 07 check with him, any other years Vrog is the man.

·
Registered
323 Posts
41428-06 is the Part number for the 18x8 reactor.

Tony

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think the size wheel i need is 8.5 ?????or am i wrong ,i thought 8 was for 200 and 8,5 was for the 240,,,,

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got back from h,d website and cant even find the damn things with that part number,i want them but bloody hell ,,you would think it would be a bit easier than this,,,,grrrrrr,any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
bwds said:
just got back from h,d website and cant even find the damn things with that part number,i want them but bloody hell ,,you would think it would be a bit easier than this,,,,grrrrrr,any other ideas would be greatly appreciated
you need an 8.5 inch reactor.......but you will have to machine a spacer on the pulley side.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks chrome,,but have you got the part number for the 8.5and whee do i order it from

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dont think they make a 8.5" reactor. I believe all the CVO V-rods have the 8". all pre 07 non CVO bikes have 5.5" which will take up to a 200 with little or no mods.

Check out http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/ in the item search, type in 41428-06 and you get

"41428-06 CHROME WHEEL, REAR, 18 X 8 Retail Price:$1,421.55
Our Price:$1,137.24"

Tony

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks tony,,,thats bizarre,ive had that part number from a couple of ppl but when i type it into the h,d sight it always said item not known,but when i put it in the chicargo site they pop up,,,why wouldnt it be in the h,d site.do i need a corrosponding number for fronts so they match or are they all the same and just go with the latest one in the h,d catalogue

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dont know why it wouldnt come up on the HD site. I believe the front is the same on all the CVO V-rods.

If your buying the whole set of reactors, you might check HogPro.com. They have some nice wheels sets for a cheaper price.

Tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts