Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I can be done with these last few parts Chicago says it'll take another month to get:

41345-06 - Sleeve Bearing
40670-06 - Sprocket Bearing
43157-83A - Valve Stem Assy
11354k - O-Ring

Anybody got any of them? I would HATE to have to go to stealer here in town...

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
What do you mean you think it can be done. It is the same setup I and others are running, no mystery about it. The 06 SE swing are is the same dimensions as all other 06 and older bikes.

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean I think I can be done rounding up parts. I'm well aware all you guys have done the swap man. I just need the bearing sleeve mainly. I'd really prefer to get a new o-ring for the 28T too - soon as I didn't replace it there'd be a seeping leak there.

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disregard! Ordered them from the stealer here today anyways - b in thursday (they say).

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Hopefully they gave you 20% off as chicago HD does this all the time. Zanatis does the same.

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no - no 20% but no big deal, it wasn't $40 worth of stuff anyways.

Big deal now is I can't squeeze the thin spacer in on the caliper side between the wheel & the caliper. It's too [email protected] tight.

I'm using from left to right:
my '03 axle
my '03 swingarm, brake tab notched
chrome spacers exact width of my '03 spacers
my '03 pulley w/oe bearing, machined down to match the '06 SE belt,
my '03 pulley spacer
my '03 comp bowl
an 8" Reactor w/9247's & correct axle bearing
my '03 brake caliper

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Here is how I did mine a few years back.

06 SE spacers
06 SE comp bowl
06 8" reactor
06 SE pulley.
I think you may have a little difference in the comp bowl and pulley at the point where the axle goes thru.

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were your spacers equal widths? I'm going to try my stock brake-side thin one on the pulley side. It's same width as my new chrome one for the brake side.

Having to clearance a little swingarm so the pulley can breathe easy too...sound like I'm on the right track?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Yes they were, off the 06 SE model. We did the same setup on my dads 03 and it worked fine.

·
ramma jamma
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cooool. Getting somewhere now. Did you guys clearance that flashing or whatever it is from the swingarm for pulley clearance? How much?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Yes, On the 03 we did, on my 04 we did not have too. The 03 swingarm seemed so have some flex in it as well. Almost wider than it needed to be. Buttoned up tight though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts