Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: MonsterMaxx

Did he join this forum under a different name or does he only hang at the VTF?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl, Robin is the only member of the V-Rod community that has been banned from this server. This link might help to explain his side of the story http://205.214.91.71/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29012.

My side is that he has on two seperate occasions tried to overload this server by downloading so many files at one time that he consumed almost a months worth of bandwidth in a single day. Now these downloads were all the same file at the same time that amounted to a total of 16gigs worth of files. That is today the reason large files are password protected. He also had a second username on this site he is the member "biteme".

Max

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Interesting.... haven't been over there In a while. I think I'll stay here the rock's are a little softer!

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
Frank Storms said:
Reading that thread says it all. Max, I respect a man with some balls :notworthy
Frank, I respect someone with nads as well, but we must be reading different threads. I always liked Robin, but he was being a real jerk on this particular thread.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Mike,

It's not the posts, we have thicker skin than that, it's the malicious attempts to disrupt the site that got him banned.

Mark

·
I seek only water...
1,029 Posts
I recognize that Mark. I mean, I've read a lot of threads that had some pointed words -- me included. Like I said, I always liked Robin, but I thought he was just being a jerk on this particular thread. I understood the point about overloading the site to begin with. My response was to Frank's comment about Robin having balls where this thread was concerned .......

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I think Frank was referring to Max not Robin but I've been wrong before ;)

Hey, I've had words with Robin but he also had some good things to contribute. If it weren't for his behavior off the forums I'm sure he would still be here.

Short of berating someone (personally and repeatedly) or some really anti-social behavior the posting of opinions will never get anyone booted from these Forums. We're all about open dialog and expression.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Just read the link. Riiiiighto then!!!

Somehow missed that whole scene. No comment from this little black duck required. Max, you have always struck me as a reasonable bloke, and your efforts in having this site created and maintained are hugely appreciated by me, as well as others.

Sometimes people don't see eye to eye.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I go around to the other forums now and again. But somehow I never read that thread until 10 minutes ago.
.(INSERT HERE A LONG DRAWN OUT SPEACH THAT I JUST ERASED)
I am sorry everyone does not get along. I thought we were in this for fun,knowledge,and a teensy bit of friendship...........
BobT

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It is truly a shame. It deters from the fact that this site is dedicated to the V-Rod. I don't want to have to block anyone from this site and there is no reason that with all of us sharing the same passion that we can't get along.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both parties would need to be able to let their behinds stay in the past. Er, their pasts stay in their behinds, no, hang on, put their behinds past them. No, that's not it...

·
2,552 Posts
mjw930 said:
I think Frank was referring to Max not Robin but I've been wrong before ;)
I was referring to Max. This is one awesome site and for that I thank all involved in its start up and and continued success.

Frank

·
Registered
974 Posts
On the other hand though, If there was enough evidence that an attack was made to disable this forum, we , as participants, should protect it from future incidents. Let it lie. Time will heal.
Yes, I'll shut up and get down before I fall......
BobT

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Has anybody seen my Pants?:confused:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts