Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like stock bikes...rarely do I mod anything...

I know my VROD runs lean from the factory and I want to correct that, does HD do a re-flash or do I need to find a shop to do it?

Mind you..I only want to get rid of the lean (hot as hell) condition...no pipes/intake work will be done...I also know this won't better the performance by maybe 1-2 HP....but I surely need to get rid of that lean condition for longevity of my motor...

Lastly, does that also call for a dyno run? Or is there a remap ready?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
The quick cheap easy answer is to get a pair Xied's from Night Rider. They will drop your AFR to around 13.9 to 1. I've been running them for almost two years, they work.
You can also have the dealer alter the O2 sensor bias tables in the ECM, the results will be the same.

http://www.nightrider.com/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The quick cheap easy answer is to get a pair Xied's from Night Rider. They will drop your AFR to around 13.9 to 1. I've been running them for almost two years, they work.
You can also have the dealer alter the O2 sensor bias tables in the ECM, the results will be the same.

http://www.nightrider.com/

Is it that much more expensive to have the dealer remap?

Oh and thanks for the info :)

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Is it that much more expensive to have the dealer remap?

Oh and thanks for the info :)
I don't know what the dealer charges for that service, or even if they can do it without you having to buy a supertunner. I'm in California, and the dealers can't tune a bike out of factory specs, so I didn't have much choice.
The Xied's are about a hundred bucks, and take half an hour to install. Now and then you're bike might throw a "sensor out of range" code that you'll have to clear. Mine has done it once. Other than that one minor issue, it runs very well. No popping, no flat spots, no stutter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what the dealer charges for that service, or even if they can do it without you having to buy a supertunner. I'm in California, and the dealers can't tune a bike out of factory specs, so I didn't have much choice.
The Xied's are about a hundred bucks, and take half an hour to install. Now and then you're bike might throw a "sensor out of range" code that you'll have to clear. Mine has done it once. Other than that one minor issue, it runs very well. No popping, no flat spots, no stutter.

Thank you sir :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts