Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and I have been looking into modding up my 2003 VRSCA before I come home on on my 2 week leave in October. In my searching I found a used RCC turbo I havent been able to find any information; or reviews on this kit. What are your thought's on this kit? Was it a good product for the V rod while it was in production? Is it reliable? is it streetable? did it turn good numbers? what would be a reasonable price for it? any advice or comments about this product would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help
James Reitz
Camp Alamo Afghanistan

·
Billy
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Billy
I sent the company an E mail a few days ago Inquiring about their product and they informed me that they discontinued the v rod line. but they directed me to the used one that I am asking about.
Is the backwards airfilter just a personal visual preferance or is the disslike because it is a bad design?

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Thanks for the reply Billy
I sent the company an E mail a few days ago Inquiring about their product and they informed me that they discontinued the v rod line. but they directed me to the used one that I am asking about.
Is the backwards airfilter just a personal visual preferance or is the disslike because it is a bad design?
It's more a visual preference. Personally, I like the look of the RCC turbo and the fact that you can mate a different exhaust to it.
Good luck with your decision and let us know how it turns out.

·
The Hawk
3,929 Posts
I ran the RCC for a while, and it does put out some good numbers. I never put mine on a dyno but used the Daytona Twin Tec ECM replacement which is a self tuner and it ran real well. I won the Kauai motorcycle season drag racing championship in 2006 with it and ran a best of 10.5 at 132 mph. The only issue I had with the system was the BEGI fuel pressure regulator. It would get a real high pitched hum, more of a squeel, going sometimes due to the frequency generated by the fuel pump, and I would have to take it appart and replace a couple of the internal steel shims and it would be good for a month or two. I finally got it permenantly fixed and BEGI was real helpfull in supplying the parts needed for free. I did add a blow off valve on the plenum to take the strain off the turbo on decel too. I bought mine used and sold it to another member here on the forum when I went big bore.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Mike good stuff
You know the more I think about it the more I want it LOL I am about 80% on the deal would you recomend me buying the Daytona Twin Tec ECM or do you think I will be ok sticking with my power commander set up? Please keep the sugestions and reviews on this product coming. I truly appreciate all the help
James

·
The Hawk
3,929 Posts
No I would not recomend the VFRI system with a turbo. I made it work but Daytona doesn't recomend their system for use with a turbo. They do make a great data logger/tuner, the twin scan system that I use a lot, and then use the SERT or the newer Harley tuning system to make the changes in the ECM. Your power commander will work and that is what comes with the RCC system. They supply a map for the 7 lb spring and one for the 9 lb spring. You will want to make sure your bike is flashed to stock as well.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so my 80% just went to a 100% I couldn't handle waiting so I sent the e mail LOL. now comes the hard part (waiting untill the end of September to come home) Yesterday I ordered the 5 gallon fuel tank and the full LED set up from MBW Motorcycle Products the V-Rod Rear LED Turn Signal Assembly- Amber LEDs w/ Lt Smoke Lens-180mm
Wrap-Around LED Fork Clamps-49mm-chrome w/clear lens
V-Rod Signal Stabilizer
Eclipze Module (pair) going to buy the clutch and a custom seat tomorrow if time permits.
Thanks again Billy and mike for giving you imput I will keep you posted on the build
have a great day everyone

·
myvrodrocks
6,023 Posts
I know how it is sitting over there with nothing but time and money, ordering parts and not being able to wait.

Best of luck to you on that...be patient, the time will come. Enjoy that turbo and above all, be SAFE!!

We all wish you a safe and prompt return.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I know how it is sitting over there with nothing but time and money, ordering parts and not being able to wait.

Best of luck to you on that...be patient, the time will come. Enjoy that turbo and above all, be SAFE!!

We all wish you a safe and prompt return.
Like he said. Good luck, be safe, and get home and have some fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally hit my spending limit for this go around :O)
I bought the full blacked out RCC turbo kit including power commander and custom exhaust
5 gallon fuel tank
Energy one clutch /w 80 lbs springs
MBW LED's
V-Rod Rear LED Turn Signal Assembly- Amber LEDs w/ Lt Smoke Lens-180mm
Wrap-Around LED Fork Clamps-49mm-chrome w/clear lens (set)
V-Rod Signal Stabilizer
Eclipze Module
Clear HD Led Tail light
Blacked out controls
side mt plate with LED
CFR Seat
only 76 days to go and the build begins :O)
I will post some pictures and numbers when I get home and get it all together thanks again for all your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.