Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the RC Components Savage for my 07 VRSCX. The dealer at motorcycletire.com informed me that my stock rotors will not fit on the wheel and I will need to purchase the RC Components rotor. I do not want to pay $495.00/rotor so I need help in finding a cheeper alternative. If anyone knows a rotor that will fit the 07 VRSCX/RC Component savage wheel, or have a work around it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
No experience with this, but the mechanics are the same. Pull a stock rotor off and see if it will match up to the wheel. If it does then there might be a clearance issue with the caliper. If the rotor is inset, then you might be able to shim the caliper toward the wheel. Hope this helps. Modifications = more modifications.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I recently purchased the RC Components Savage for my 07 VRSCX. The dealer at motorcycletire.com informed me that my stock rotors will not fit on the wheel and I will need to purchase the RC Components rotor. I do not want to pay $495.00/rotor so I need help in finding a cheeper alternative. If anyone knows a rotor that will fit the 07 VRSCX/RC Component savage wheel, or have a work around it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
John contact Rob at Hogpro. If anyone knows of a solution, he will.

Is it the bolt pattern that you're having problems with?

www.hogpro.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not received the wheel yet. The sales rep called me before he shipped the wheel informing me the stock rotors would not fit the RC components wheel. I thought somone on this forum would know of a rotor that would match up and not be as expensive as the RC components rotor. I was thinking I could take the stock rotor to a machine shop and have them drill new holes in it to match the wheel, but not sure how this would effect the rotors performance.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
you could have just about anything you can think of done in a machine shop,but dammnit,$500 for 1 rotor is absolutely outrageous.
You could shop around and fine 3 matching rotors for 2000 and newer Harley for around $160,that's for THREE rotors,not each!
I have 3 matching floaters on my 03 with Weld wheels.I bought them from KCInternational for $140,that's for all THREE,not each.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I have not received the wheel yet. The sales rep called me before he shipped the wheel informing me the stock rotors would not fit the RC components wheel. I thought somone on this forum would know of a rotor that would match up and not be as expensive as the RC components rotor. I was thinking I could take the stock rotor to a machine shop and have them drill new holes in it to match the wheel, but not sure how this would effect the rotors performance.
John if I'm not mistaken you are going to need the standard, Harley, 5 bolt pattern, rotors.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
You can buy the rotor adaptors from Hogpro. That is what I have on my '03 with PM wheels (front and rear). They work great and cost around $400 for all three if I remember correctly. Or like Al and Pat say you could buy a set for a standard H-D but they won't have the same design as your RC wheels.

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
The savage rotors are SICK looking! I dont think I paid that much for mine though...

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
VRSCX/VRSCAW rotors ought to fit and are a bit less costly. These share the same bolt circle as other Harley Davidsons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts