Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Guy is really smart & has experience. I bought a pipe from him years ago for an FXR, it was really nice. My only concern would be that some of his components are totally unique ( mainly data) & you can't necessarily get support from anyone else. I'd asked him for a dyno pull & motor specs on his combination & did not get a reply. Let us know if you find out anything more !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to him and I thought he was super sharp too, definitely not customer service oriented. I had asked for a dunk curve and he kinda came unglued liked I wanted a million dollars. I like the piping, setup and location of everything. I’d probably purchase the mechanical parts, build the bottom end and get it tuned somewhere else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing that stumped me is that I read the V-Rod description several times before calling. The website seemed very complete, but when I called he seemed very unsure and acted like they have never built one before. I love the kit, design and projected power, but didn’t get much confidence through the telephone conversation. There isn’t much recourse with a bank Transfer of funds.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Hide your blower.

He is super smart, quite innovative and rightly so - pretty self righteous. Read some of his articles very informative and pretty funny too regarding his and other tuners approaches to horsepower success. Anyway I like his Turbo setup intercooler and scoop position but wonder if all that tubing may increase turbo lag and I wouldn't want to hit my knee on the air filter, too much external Mad Max baloney that IMHO ruins the look of the bike. Supercharger Stealth to me is where it's at in 2018 - no turbo lag, looks great, up to 200 Hp with engine upgrades. I would go S/C to 165 -180 Hp for reliability and ride off into the sunset, but that's just me - I'm only now building my first 135 Hp N/A REVO engine. :blahblah: :D

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Plus the Blower setups are currently in production with a pretty darn fast delivery time frame and in at least one case great exchange rates with Europe that lower the price. Hate to say it but I've heard about unbelieveably long delivery dates on some of RB's products so all must be considered. Ask them how many and when they delivered their last REVO Turbo kit. Probably Crickets on their end. If you have to have a Turbo go TRASK seems to be the # 1 standard here on the site, lots of guys with real good experience to share & help you.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
I don't have a dog in the fight, but if the Customer Service (answering questions, parts availability, etc.) is horrible BEFORE a business gets your money, what's it going to be like when you've already paid them and there's no more incentive to work for your business?

Just a thought.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The supercharger setup I liked the best was by G-Force Division. I just checked their website but they don’t have their v-rod kit up anymore, so I just sent an email. I really like how it was packaged.

Here are a few pics I saved a while ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that’s even better, you can barely tell it’s even there! Wow, very nice, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
RB Racing is a complete ass called for a year to get a product from him needed a part for it called every week for another yr and all I got was excuses from the lady who answers the phone would never buy anything from him or even recommend him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts