Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

As you all would have guessed, accessorising the V-Rod was not really considered an important issue by the manufacturer ... and I suppose that is fair enough. After all, it was designed as a "Muscle" bike, 'nuff said!
Anyway, here's what I've sourced in 7 years of "internetting" to allow me to enjoy both my raw 2011 "F" and a decent Tourer in just 30 seconds ... I kid you not, the transformation takes just 30 seconds.
This is without any damage (drilling, etc) to the hull.

Here's a pic I hope it explains the 1000 words that I won't have to type!

More pics and info/explanation available if requested.

Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice! I wouldn't mind adding some saddlebags to make my bike more commuter friendly, but I don't want to relocate my license plate to the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Davypig,

The only fabricated item was the backrest purchased from Bicep. He's a member of this forum and is based in California.
I purchased it some years ago now, and after a while, I realised that I needed to add a rack to it so that I could strap on a duffle bag, etc, for overnight trips. The gauge of the tubing is very light so, for strength and to prevent flexing and damaging the fender, it was beefed up with some gussets TIG welded to it. A bit of a project!

The other items are;
- The Seat: From Bitchin' Seats in Menifee, California. It lifts up forwards, backwards and pivots ... it's pretty cool. So, I simply drape my saddlebags over the hull and they are secured in place by the weight of the seat (plus rider !) resting on top.
- The Saddle Bags: I purchased them from somewhere in Europe on eBay, it was a very efficient and easy transaction.

So, I lift up the seat, clip the Backrest/rack on, drape the saddlebags over it and drop the seat back down. Done in 30 seconds. Very happy!

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks, mate. Looks very nice and very useful and I really like how simply/quickly it can be changed. I'm going to look for something like that but I thought I read the bicep piece is no longer available.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Bicep's backrest is no longer in production.

He is also no longer a member here.

Another option is to convert the stock F bags to "sort-of" quick release-- mine go on/off in about 15 min with nothing left on the bike.

R.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your response. I've occasionally looked at this site for the past year or so, and I've seen tons of comments from you and know you did tons to your current F, so I appreciate your input. Don't ever sell yours!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts