Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boo
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,I also have a rattling noise at front of motor! It seems to be when motors under to much load,drop down a gear and accelerate,seems to sort it!!! is this normal? I`m used to big twins so perhaps not enough RPM`s. Anyway, love the DX,its just the finest looking motorcycle HD have produced in a long time!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
:welcome: Sounds like you may be lugging it (placing it under heavy load at low RPMs) which is BAD for the engine. Keep your RPMS in the 4-6k range and you'll be fine.

·
Boo
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply Steppenwolf. I was thinking the same. I`ll just have to ride it faster!!! ha ha!:D

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
you might also check the heat shield screws, if they get a little loose the heat shields make a rattling noise. while typing this I think I've read that they changed the kind of screws used on the newer bikes so they don't loosen easy but might check anyway.

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
When I decel I can feel a knock in both forward controls. My feet feel it but have no idea what it is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
To Dj91...

Hi i had the same problem with some knock in the pegs its been my exhaust that rubbed against the bottom of the frame...Hope this help you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts