Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
LOOKS GREAT BROTHER!!! LOOKS MEAN!!!
Love the gold on black. More pics please. Any before and after?
You "can" (pun intended) get a very good paint job out of a rattle can. I urge anyone with patience to give it a try. I never painted anything before. Watched a vid on Youtube and went for it LOL.
I painted my Sportster (which I had to trade in for my VRSCSE2) for like $30 and my 96 Electra Glide for around $60. Sporty was my very first try and the glide my second. The clear is the trickiest.
Window Hood Automotive lighting Blue Automotive tire
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle
Tire Musical instrument Automotive lighting Wheel Wood
Hood Window Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
-MIG
86 Posts
You "can" (pun intended) get a very good paint job out of a rattle can. I urge anyone with patience to give it a try. I never painted anything before. Watched a vid on Youtube and went for it LOL.
I painted my Sportster (which I had to trade in for my VRSCSE2) for like $30 and my 96 Electra Glide for around $60. Sporty was my very first try and the glide my second. The clear is the trickiest. View attachment 607084 View attachment 607082 View attachment 607083 View attachment 607085
Fantastic work!
-MIG

·
Registered
2013 VRSCF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I painted my Sportster (which I had to trade in for my VRSCSE2) for like $30 and my 96 Electra Glide for around $60. Sporty was my very first try and the glide my second. The clear is the trickiest. View attachment 607084 View attachment 607082 View attachment 607083 View attachment 607085
DAMN that looks good! I'll jump on my computer when i get home shortly and throw up a before/after pic and some other shots. Patience was definitely the key! Im still suprised to be honest. What paint did you use for that oilslick finish?

·
Registered
2013 VRSCF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before shots
DAMN that looks good! I'll jump on my computer when i get home shortly and throw up a before/after pic and some other shots. Patience was definitely the key! Im still suprised to be honest. What paint did you use for that oilslick finish?

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice dude.
For a super trick look... paint your helmet to match with gold accents or racing stripes!!!
BTW That Multicolor glitter was out of a can too. Some kind of clear coat. I think it's "a bit much" but after the paint hit the fairing it was a done deal.
Rustoleum and Duplicolor have some cool stuff. I've used a flat orange for racing stripes on something. Was tempted tp try their "Hammered" coper looking stuff on my cousins Honda but he sold the bike.

·
Registered
2013 VRSCF
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks hot bro.
Are you using your cell phone as gauges?
Like an app or something?
Yeah, im in the process of doing a fiberglass airbox cover that will house the factory gauges, so in the meantime I am trying out various speedo apps. Works quite well, and looks pretty slick in my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts