Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added the Custom Chrome Peg Extenders from Steve at V-Mod.com. I was going to use them with my Kuryakyn Passenger Floor Boards, but they look a little bulky and stuck out a tad to far for my taste. My lady rode with the extenders and boards and thought them comfortable. Because of the 16 Gage pipes the boards are higher than she would like. Using the stock pegs will bring her legs down about 3/4 inch further than the boards (they are thick suckers). She has not tried the pegs yet.

She also complained about sliding forward on the pillion, so put a couple thick washers under the seat where it bolts to the bike. It lifted the front of the pillion about a quarter inch in the front. Will see if she notices any difference.

As for the Muth Signal Mirrors, I found them at a Cycle Barn's Discount store (they bought them off someone). They list for $399.00 from Muth (a rip off), but I picked them up in new condition for $150.00. They are pretty good quality, and work excellent. They have the red LED Arrows in the mirror, and yellow LEDs on the front of the mirror. They could be more stylish, but they have a large mirror surface. Wish they were Convex. Had to mount them on the control handle pivots as the arms are too large for the mirror holes. Used the Joker sleeves adapters. Puts them further out for better vision.

Like I said, not my choice for style, and no way I would have paid list when you can get the more stylish Kuryakyn type described in a previous thread for $87.00. Probably not the quality of these mirrors, however. They would look better on a Dresser, but then my bike is closer to "Bagger/Dresser" than most V-Rods (Daniii's bike and the Cyclevision Road Rod excepted) :rolleyes:

Fred
:biker:

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Fred, after you put the stock pegs on, could you post a top view picture of the bike with the ratchet pass peg extenders and the stock pegs? I want to see how far out the pass pegs end being. Also a side close up would be great.
I can also see that you changed to the hard saddlebags. How do you like them vs the leather ones you had before? Much change in capacity?

Thanks!

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Fred, I have the same problem with the passenger seat after putting the back rest adapter plate on. G/F slides forward. I am going to see how much Psycho will charge me to take out a wedge of seat foam to make it more level, but your idea has merits too. Let me know how it works out.
Greg

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greg687: If you buy a longer bolt you can raise it further in front. I would try it before you spend money altering the seat. Assuming you are using the HD touring backrest... if you have not done it yet, cut the foam pad from the touring backrest in half and either shape the back section with a flat wood file, or cut a groove in the front half for the sissy bar with a round wood file. It will give her more room on the seat.
Fred

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Fred, any pics of that mod?
Greg

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg687: I used two hard rubber washers that I had laying around. The bolt is not long so I could not use the metal washer that goes with the bolt. You could use the original washer and two additional ones under the plastic lip instead.

Attachments

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MVrod: I never found any leather ones I like looks wise. I find I like the bags the HD hard bags fine for what they are. IMHO they are the only bags that work esthetically with the bike, but they are small. They hold my Jacket, Chaps, gas cylinder, tool pouch, water bottle and not much else. Will take a small half helmet.

Fred

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks a lot Fred!
I've been going back and forth between the ratchet pass pegs you got or the reversed stock pass pegs option. I think the look of the reversed peg goes better with the line of the bike but I'm concerned about the possible impacts to the fuel tank when going over bumps and the pass pegs folded torwards the front.
I have to look at the pictures closely to make up my mind.
Thanks again for the pictures and the feedback!

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mvrod: IMHO they do not look bad at all in person. With a nicer peg, they might look even better. Definitely buy the chrome mounts to match the extenders. Use some Mother's billet polish on the stock pegs to brighten them.

If you reverse the mounts cut the top off of them as posted somewhere, either here or on V-Twin forums. Do not mount them as is. The notches in the fuel tank are there for a reason... for the swing arm to clear. Frankly, too much work for me.

Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.