Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyone there, preferably staying at The Chalet, gonna have a set of ramps good enough to unload/load Jason's bike out of the back of a Ram 2500?

If no one does. Try this. Find someone with a trailer that has a drop gate. Empty the trailer, back it up to the truck and drop the gate down onto the tailgate of the truck. Unload the bike from truck to trailer and then trailer to ground.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Steve is just down the road from the motel 10 min tops.

the bike can be off loaded there.

No worries.

Besides there wi be enough of us ther to lift it off the truck if need be. lol

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Okay, can you all meet here in the morning to load it up too? Still trying to figure out how to get it in the bed of the truck.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Okay, can you all meet here in the morning to load it up too? Still trying to figure out how to get it in the bed of the truck.
Find a "loading ditch." Somewhere around there there must be one such that with the truck's rear wheels in it the tailgate will be nearly at ground level, though a length of 2x6 or 2x8 might be handy. Just make sure you can comfortable step from ground level up onto the tailgate; that's the point at which things can go haywire.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a spot to load it down at the harbor, Jason. Only about a foot or so of open space that I have a couple 5/8" plywood sheets to put across braced with a few 8x8 blocks of wood. I just hate having to drive down to the harbor and then back again to load everything up.

·
Yooper/Geek
745 Posts
Discount Ramps is just up the road in West Bend, and I happen to know that they have ramps long enough to deal with my 1500 4x4 (12') in stock...:D

Tho...Steve's is probably the cheaper alternative at this point...

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Discount Ramps is just up the road in West Bend, and I happen to know that they have ramps long enough to deal with my 1500 4x4 (12') in stock...:D

Tho...Steve's is probably the cheaper alternative at this point...
Lol, yeah, I don't intend to put a bike on my truck that often.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts