Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ramp they are using that has been working well for loading your bike on a pickup?

Are you able to load it all by yourself?

Does it ever slip when unloading it?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Mike

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dont use one but I know they have straps to attach to the truck so they dont slide out

·
Silver Bullet
540 Posts
I saw on at Bike Week that seemed to work well. It fit into the trailer hitch and then unfolded. It was wide enough to ride up and because it was connected to the trailer hitch it did not slide. The only thing I did not like about it was that it stuck up in the back while you were riding down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Any of the big arched ramps (10ft) should work fine.
Bike + rider = approx 850lbs so get a ramp rated at 1000 lbs or more.
Be sure to get one wide enough that allows you to straddle the bike and ride/walk it up the ramp. This is the safest way for solo loading.

Check out Motorcycleramps.com

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By sliding I meant the tire sliding down the ramp with the front brake applied, not the ramp sliding out.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
mikep said:
By sliding I meant the tire sliding down the ramp with the front brake applied, not the ramp sliding out.
Anti-skid would fix that problem. Basicly, its sand mixed into paint, when the paint dries it has a rough non skid texture, hence the name.:bash:

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
04vrscb has a nice ramp set up too...you could PM him.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
2x8 hardwood plank:thumb:

But please if you ever see my bike on a trailer or in the back of a pick-up call the cops because it will have been stolen (or wrecked!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
you have a 4x4. Shouldn't need a long ramp. find a ditch near you, when the back of the truck is in the shallow ditch , it will be a short , straight run into the truck bed. Unless you are going to Sask. you should always be able to find a good place to unload whereever you travel.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
there's a bunch of ramps on ebay, I've always wanted to get one of those tri-fold ramps, a buddy of mine has one and it works great! he travels from georgia to here a lot and loads his bike up by himself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts