Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone noticed an increase in performance by using the tank (airbox cover) raising kit supplied with destroyers.

Any instances of debri getting in through the gap??

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
has anyone noticed an increase in performance by using the tank (airbox cover) raising kit supplied with destroyers.

Any instances of debri getting in through the gap??
You'll be fine while racing but I'd cover things up and lower it back down when travelling. Whatever you do make sure it comes out before firing the bike up at the next race. Don't ask me how I know about this!

You can also turn your faux headlight sideways, to horizontal while competing, to allow air to blow by it and under the A/B cover.

Are you using a 4 x 4 under the front center of the frame when transporting the bike?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patm sounds like an experience i could do without. I could rotate light but it has sponsorship on it. I was thinking of making a shower cap for the velo stacks and attaching a flag so the bike couldnt be started with it in place to prevent a gut full of road grime, though usually the bike is in a van. I never tie the bike down hard enough to bend the wheel like i have seen it suggested on here. Gee that must be tight!! have run light weight pmfr wheels etc for years without any probs. I always leave a bit of fork travel.

·
Too much fun
138 Posts
Hey Tassie...use the block under the pan while traveling...its dirt cheap insurance! Once I heard about this idea, I thought the same thing...and my chock cradles the wheel in 3 places...but what you have to worry about are the unexpected hard hits and bumps on the road that may do some unseen damage. When I realized that, I crossed over and use a block every time. I also inflate the rear tire to about 12-15psi for the same reason...unexpected hard hits on the trailer can bend or break things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts