Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Never Late
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raise your hand if you are tired of threads about bad HD service.

Seems like there is thread after thread about service at local HD dealers....most are normal events that happen everyday in any company. :stac: happens! There are plenty of good dealers willing to do good work....we just need to find them. It took me a few tries myself to find a dealer that works for me....and they ROCK!!

So let me be the first to raise my hand about service threads. Lets stop complaining so much....seems all we do here is dump on HD. It a no brainer if dealers read this site why you get bad service! you :stac: on them...they :stac: on us

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
nval8 said:

Seems like there is thread after thread about service at local HD dealers....most are normal events that happen everyday in any company. :stac: happens! There are plenty of good dealers willing to do good work....we just need to find them. It took me a few tries myself to find a dealer that works for me....and they ROCK!!

So let me be the first to raise my hand about service threads. Lets stop complaining so much....seems all we do here is dump on HD. It a no brainer if dealers read this site why you get bad service! you :stac: on them...they :stac: on us
Well even you admitted you had to go through a couple to find a good one, so if we post the bad ones than it will easier for the rest of us to find good ones.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
nval8 said:

Are you kidding me with this thread? There are not plenty of good ones out there that can work on the V-rod, they are few and far between. If we post about getting shitty service from a dealer we can hopefully keep a fellow v-rodder from going there and getting the same shitty experience. I could give a rats ass if we "hurt" their feelings by posting it. Maybe they should get some competent technicians who know about the V-rod, and stop ****ing us all around. :stac:

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Nope. It is true most people complaining about service on this or any other web site want an imaginary problem fixed immediately for free and to be given a gold brick into the bargain - try listening to the moans you hear on http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1022 if you want your faith in human nature deeply shaken - but some are useful and informative.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
nval8 said:

OH come on..its fun to complain! Thats why we do it! My dealer has done some stupid stuff, but they also have done some cool stuff..so I try and be balanced about it.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Its the American way..........complaining that is! I have no regets letting them do service to my bike. If I cant do it, it goes to 1 of 5 local HD shops around me. A few I stay away from cause I can usually tell within 5 mins walking whether they r VRod friendly.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I like hearing feedback!!! It keeps people alert and let's us know who to go to and who to stay away from. Posting these threads is a positive tool!!! I hope these dealers know that we are here not only on our great forum but also others and if they do not take care of their customers then they will lose business because we will all find out about it. We all work hard for our money and spend alot at these dealers...we deserve not but the best ALWAYS!!

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i am not tired of that .. but what i am tired of are the "can my v-rod beat (insert bike variety here) " threads LOL
:them: :moped:

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
How about a dealership registry, state by state, Posts your experiences good and bad and let the readership decide whats right for them. Include who at the dealer is the person to see. With constructive feedback, perhaps the dealers might want to improve our rating of them. Just because one bad apple shouldn't ruin the whole dealership!!!!!!

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
I agree with smooth that these threads can help members keep from getting raped.

·
dickhammer
96 Posts
How about a dealership registry, state by state, Posts your experiences good and bad and let the readership decide whats right for them. Include who at the dealer is the person to see. With constructive feedback, perhaps the dealers might want to improve our rating of them. Just because one bad apple shouldn't ruin the whole dealership!!!!!!
I'm with QuickTrip

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Troy said:
I agree with smooth that these threads can help members keep from getting raped.
I always bring my rape whistle when I go to the stealers! :angeldev:

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I guess I am lucky, had good service in Cincy where I bought my bike and great service in Lexington KY where I take it for work. Good bunch of folks in Bowling Green where we got the wifes Sporty too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Quicktripp - great idea. Any respectable business makes changes to improve themselves and will listen to criticism to help them improve.

If the closest, most convenient dealer to you gets consistent negative comments regarding their service, then mention it to them up front and tell them what you expect from them. You'll know right away if they intend to do better.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
I'm relatively new to the whole Harley thing. All I can say is I am baffled by the lack of knowledge I have experienced in Harley dealerships. Seems these salesman and service personal like to appeal more to the "badazz" biker dudes (read...UNEDUCATED) than actually understand the products they sell and service. I am totally UNIMPRESSED with most of the dealerships I have been in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts