Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Jonesy
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 VRSCA. What a bike!!! It's mostly stock and fitted with Dunlop Sportmax tires. My question has to do with when riding in the rain or just on wet pavement, the top of the front tire (120/70x19) shoots a 3/8" dia stream of water straight out in front of the bike only to be caught in the slip stream of the bike moving forward and spews all over me and the bike. Has anyone else seen this? Is it unique to the tread pattern of the Dunlops? Are other tire styles doing the same due to the stock fender? Is there a tire tread pattern not quite so wet? I tried an experiment glueing a piece of rubber underneath the front fender top but not touching the tire with no change, making me think it's more tire related. Any info appreciated.馃槄

VRSC est -03
Back in time, two types of front fenders were offered for V-rod. The stock and the Sport. The Sport were a shorter one. An image to bring clarity will help.

Registered
They all do that. Other then needing to be there to be legal the front fender is all about useless. About as good as the rear. Most bikes are not rain friendly that way.
Ron

VRSC est -03
Yep, image shows stock fender "long" one. Like Ron says, mostly all tires throws water all around. Me been thru Dunlops, Metzeler & Avons. Check out Metzeler ME880, great tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts