Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some good quality rain gear. The kind that breaths and will last. I need a set for myself and my lady. I am 5'8" 195 lbs, she is 5'1" 125 lbs. Also looking for water proof gloves (XS) and foot gear for her.

Don't wanna pay the stealership prices! So hoping to help out a member as well as save a few bucks.

Any suggestions from those who have experience would be appreciated.

Thanks & God Bless, JC

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
brentley said:
i've heard really good things about frog toggs
:them: Lightweight, work well, can find them just about anywhere...

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I've looked at the Forg Toggs before and was worried they would melt on our pipes (especially the mid peg bikes).

Has someone here actually tried them?

·
Dustin
696 Posts
mikep said:
I've looked at the Forg Toggs before and was worried they would melt on our pipes (especially the mid peg bikes).

Has someone here actually tried them?
Mike,

I just bought a pair of the Frogg Toggs for MWT and they worked perfectly. There light weight, easy to pack, breathable and kept me dry as a bone. We rode through a good amount of rain on the way back to Chicago and the Frogg Toggs held up well.

Downside, yes the pipes will burn a hole in them if your not careful. I read about that before I bought them and figured for the price I would just be careful. Well I was and didn't burn a hole in them as I was riding. What I did was burn a small home into them when i was filling up with gas.

My suggestion is to be careful when you ride and stand on the left side (non pipe side) of the bike when you fill up and you should be fine. I'm 100% satisfied with them.

Dustin

·
Fisher of Men
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had heard of these as well and will check into them. Thanks for all the feed back!

Ride safe & God Bless all !!
JC

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
V Rod 53 said:
Downside, yes the pipes will burn a hole in them if your not careful. I read about that before I bought them and figured for the price I would just be careful. Well I was and didn't burn a hole in them as I was riding. What I did was burn a small home into them when i was filling up with gas.

My suggestion is to be careful when you ride and stand on the left side (non pipe side) of the bike when you fill up and you should be fine. I'm 100% satisfied with them.

Dustin
A pair of HD overboot's would do a good job of keeping the Frog Toggs off the pipe, fwiw.

·
George
5,411 Posts
I use the FT's in the summer. I bought a "pants clip" from a local bicycle shop to keep the pipe side from burning

·
Dustin
696 Posts
rjrivero said:
A pair of HD overboot's would do a good job of keeping the Frog Toggs off the pipe, fwiw.
Good idea RJ! Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts