Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing for a ride to the wet coast of British Columbia, and want to have rain gear just in case. I am currently looking at the Icon PDX jacket and bibs and want to know if anyone has experience with these? I would consider others too if anyone has good experience with another brand.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I've no experience w/ICON....but my "FIRST GEAR" jacket is 5 years old,intact and repels sleet or rain.
TIP:bring your leather or riding jacket to "test fit" rain gear over top. FIRST GEAR over sizes the jacket to fit over.

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
Never tried ICON, but I do have a set of frogg toggs that are excellent!!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I've no experience w/ICON....but my "FIRST GEAR" jacket is 5 years old,intact and repels sleet or rain.
TIP:bring your leather or riding jacket to "test fit" rain gear over top. FIRST GEAR over sizes the jacket to fit over.
:them: my First Gear rain gear is great & has been weather tested and approved. The pants have heat shields to slow the melting process a bit. I use Frogg Toggs for hunting, but they like to melt on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
911 Posts
:them: You can't go wrong with First Gear...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your responses. As far as the First Gear rain wear goes what are your suggestions, Rain Man, Splash or, Sierra?:rj:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
First gear

Thanks for your responses. As far as the First Gear rain wear goes what are your suggestions, Rain Man, Splash or, Sierra?:rj:
"Rainman" First Gear 2 piece is very good.
thin hood slips out of collar and may fit under full face helmet.
These are built over sized to fit over leathers.

TIP:try it on with leathers underneith.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
I'm still looking for that perfect suit also,spent all weekend riding in and out out heavy thunder storms up in the NC mountains. Would hit heavy rain then ride out of it into to sun, gotta be a suit that won't cook you like a lobster in conditions like that! :soapbox:

Might have to bite the bullet and invest in some of the good (and overpriced) Harley gore tex! People who have it seem to love it but really hate to spend the money...but if I figure all the suits I've bought the last 5 years hell I'd have half of it paid for already. :banghead:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm still looking for that perfect suit also,spent all weekend riding in and out out heavy thunder storms up in the NC mountains. Would hit heavy rain then ride out of it into to sun, gotta be a suit that won't cook you like a lobster in conditions like that! :soapbox:

Might have to bite the bullet and invest in some of the good (and overpriced) Harley gore tex! People who have it seem to love it but really hate to spend the money...but if I figure all the suits I've bought the last 5 years hell I'd have half of it paid for already. :banghead:
That sounds just like my trip to the Gap for Memorial day. In and out of showers up there and back. My Frogg Toggs, Ariat Boots, and AGVSport gloves kept me kept me dry in some fierce rains without burning me up.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
That sounds just like my trip to the Gap for Memorial day. In and out of showers up there and back. My Frogg Toggs, Ariat Boots, and AGVSport gloves kept me kept me dry in some fierce rains without burning me up.
I was at the Riders Roost Campground a good time and nice riding...I'm afraid I'd melt the frog toggs on my pipes (Road Glide and my V-Rod) seems to be something a lot of people say about them. Lot of people brag about them to so they have to be good, I'm just bad to brush up against the header while sitting still or backing the bike up :(

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you have to modify the raingear to work with the bike, than it is the WRONG rain gear for motorcycle riding. HD, Fieldsheer, BMW, Firstgear, Icon, and so many other companies make motorcycle specific rain gear, so why reinvent the wheel?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts