Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a tank bag for sale. I bought it for the trip to Sturgis. The bag is great, but it is magnetic. My airbox cover is aluminum. I did use it on the trip. but I had to strap it down instead of using it as it is intended. It would have been perfect if my airbox cover was steel.

I paid $80 for it new. I'm asking for $60 shipped CONUS. There is a broken clip on the right side of the bag. I don't know how it snapped or what it is even meant to be used for for that matter. Below is a link to a store that sells them and has more product info.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=SUL_659-5001

I bought mine at a local shop. PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I have a tank bag for sale. I bought it for the trip to Sturgis. The bag is great, but it is magnetic.
Just gaffa tape some steel (large washers , an old bracket , that type of thing) on the underside of the airbox and the bag will hold :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Just gaffa tape some steel (large washers , an old bracket , that type of thing) on the underside of the airbox and the bag will hold :)
Translated for this side of the pond,

Duct Tape some magnets or washers on the underside of your aluminum tins where the magnets ride and then it will work just fine.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Translated for this side of the pond,

Duct Tape some magnets or washers on the underside of your aluminum tins where the magnets ride and then it will work just fine.
:rofl: Like the black cop on Sanford and Son translating for Fred.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Exactly what I am looking for but no :broke: Killing me!

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not in a desparate needt to sell it. I just don't plan on using it any more. So let me know when you have the $$ and we can do business unless someone else beats you to it. I doubt that will be an issue though.

As for the other suggestions, I didn't have any luck with those ideas before. Trust me. I tried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts