Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached are some pics from Daytona. The V-Rod was on display at the Ocean Center. This is a V-Rod that was designed and created by a man that works for HD. His name is Wyatt Fuller. Wyatt is a genius, an artist, and a true craftsman.:notworth: Many of his modification are just unbelievable. I spent about an hour and a half speaking to him at the show. While I was speaking to him, my wife was having a great conversation with his lovely wife Lourdes. They are from North Carolina and are great people. Some of the work that he has done to this V-Rod will make it into production. OK, now to try to describe some of the mods.

1. The wheels are stock wheels that he has designed inserts for and also installed bolts around the perimeter.

2. The rotors are stock rotors that he has designed inserts to match the wheel inserts.

3. The rear pulley is a stock pulley that he has designed an insert to match the wheel inserts.

4. The front pulley cover is modified to match the wheel inserts.

5. The jiffy/kick stand has been relocated further back toward the rear.

6. The exhaust is a 2 into 2 design using the stock cans out both sides. The header pipes were built by Gerald Rinehart.

7. The radiator is a stock radiator with a redesigned housing.

8. The oil cooler has been relocated between the fuel cell and the motor.

9. The handle bars are his custom design.

10. The rear of the frame has been redesigned to flow with the rear wheel and to cover the fuel cell.

11. The rear break reservoir and mechanism has been relocated further back toward the rear.

12. The horn has been relocated to the right side of the bike and hidden behind the faux air intake that matches the new functional left air intake.

13. The head light was designed to match the stock instrument housing and it incorporates the turn signals.

14. The airbox cover was designed with the stock gage and stock housing in it. It also wraps around the front of the frame and has an unbelievable flow from the frame, the air box cover and the side covers.

15. The seat, rear fender, and the rear turn signals are also his custom design.

There are many other custom designed parts that I am not aware of the details. This V-Rod goes to show us that there are no limits to what can be done to our V-Rods.

I gave Wyatt a V-Rod business card and invited him to join us on the forum and he stated that he will join us.

I hope all of you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed viewing the bike up close and personal. As I stated in the title of this thread, IMHO it is a Radical Looking V-Rod.

Other than meeting many of our forum brothers and sisters, seeing this V-Rod was the highlight of my trip to Daytona.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Max :thumb: for starting and managing this forum and Mark :thumb: for setting up all of the meetings for our members while at Daytona.

Most Respectfully
Frank

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Looks great Frank, I see what you mean. His attention to detail is amazing.

Max

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Frank Storms said:
14. The airbox cover was designed with the stock gage and stock housing in it. It also wraps around the front of the frame and has an unbelievable flow from the frame, the air box cover and the side covers.
Frank
I looked at the pics first and couldn't understand how he did that with the airbox and frame :notworth: unbelievable is right

Frank Thanks for the pics and great wright up :plause:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
That is a nice bike.Lots attention to detail.
Frank,did he tell you what was going to go into production?
:thumb:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It Looks a Little to Japanese for me! ;)

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vrodvinny said:
That is a nice bike.Lots attention to detail.
Frank,did he tell you what was going to go into production?
:thumb:

vrodvinny

He is under contract with HD and could not say much regarding that. I am almost certain that the air intakes will be one of the items.

Frank

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Super Kaz said:
It Looks a Little to Japanese for me! ;)
Kaz,

The seat and rear fender "not my style".:confused: The way the airbox and side covers flow with the frame and the modification to the frame to cover the fuel cell is awesome IMHO.

Frank

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
I like the sheet metal work and REALLY dig that headlight! The exhaust is the only thing I personally do not like...to V-Max-ish for me. The tire looks sweet as well as the handle bars/cluster.

Thanks for the pics Frank!
Gary

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Nice looking bike. No longer really a v-rod to me - but I still like it. The little air intakes on the side would be a neat addition to my bike.

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should also mention that the radiator looks great also. I am not certain how well it functions. I do not know if it has been road tested for any period of time. We all know how hard HD worked on keeping the V-Rod cool. If it functions well, it is an improvement over the stock look. "Gumbies Casket"

Frank

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Those handle bars are pretty wild looking at it from the seating position.

Hey Frank i like my stock radiator.
I could see my bike with the Air Ducts and the Covers over the tank though.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Nice looking bike. No longer really a v-rod to me - but I still like it. The little air intakes on the side would be a neat addition to my bike.
I 2nd that

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Everyone likes something different...I'd rather have a stock V-Rod...much better looking in my opinion. Obviously tons of craftsmanship in this bike, but I don't care for the look of it.

·
4,638 Posts
I must agree...There are so many mods and changes it has lost its Roots...
Kinda like putting fender skirts on a Corvette......Not Cool...But everyone has there own taste of what floats there boat....THIS ONE SANK IN MY OPINION..... :tmbsdow: :tmbsdow
:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Interesting, I don't like it, looks like a V-Max V-Rod. Those scoops on each side, looks very Japanese to me. And the exhaust and tail light, oh well each to their own.

Dave

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Frank....nice pics.. thanks... I like the exhaust and air intake! This is a small world the guy in the orange shirt owns the Hd shop in NC where I bought my bike! Where in nc is Wyatt from??? maybe close to me I hope!!!

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VrodG said:
Frank....nice pics.. thanks... I like the exhaust and air intake! This is a small world the guy in the orange shirt owns the Hd shop in NC where I bought my bike! Where in nc is Wyatt from??? maybe close to me I hope!!!
VrodG,

He lives in Hickory, NC.

Frank

1 - 20 of 57 Posts