Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right side chrome radiator trim bezel is cracked On the bottom and was wondering if all models of the vrod use the same trim? I have a 2006 VRSCR. Just wanting to replace it. Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Only the R and D models use that trim, they were the only ones that came with the rear set pegs, all others have a clearance notch along the rear edge where the forward mounted pegs fit the frame
Only the R has that style radiator panel.
the D still retained forward controls for foot rest despite having mid controls

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
My right side chrome radiator trim bezel is cracked On the bottom and was wondering if all models of the vrod use the same trim? I have a 2006 VRSCR. Just wanting to replace it. Thanks!
You searching for this one? If so, they`re all identical (not shure about V-rod Muscle).

eBay. Cheap & China.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, I think all the first generation have the same bezel. I replaced mine for $30
Ebay/china/soso fit.
Cant you plastic weld that crack ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I think all the first generation have the same bezel. I replaced mine for $30
Ebay/china/soso fit.
Cant you plastic weld that crack ?
Okay I’ll look on eBay as long as any vrod model trim fits it. I probably could plastic weld it, but if it that’s cheap I’d rather just replace it entirely.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You searching for this one? If so, they`re all identical (not shure about V-rod Muscle).

View attachment 605375

eBay. Cheap & China.
Found these on e-bay

Do they or do they not fit well? (the made in China ones).
Supposedly dozen sold but I cannot find any buyer feedback on this particular item from any the sellers (I suspect the same people under different names)so I find this a little suspicious.
Anyone fitted those?
Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Can't say if it was the same seller, but I bought a pair of the chinese ones from Ebay years ago and they fitted perfectly. To be fair the chrome finish on one of them was not as good as the other in some of the awkward places, but I was painting them anyway so wasn't important to me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Can't say if it was the same seller, but I bought a pair of the chinese ones from Ebay years ago and they fitted perfectly. To be fair the chrome finish on one of them was not as good as the other in some of the awkward places, but I was painting them anyway so wasn't important to me.
Thanks for your reply.
Anyone else? Surely, with the numbers they claim to have sold, many members of this forum must have bought a pair??

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What are you looking for folks to say?
It's a $30 part. Not like it's gonna break the bank.
There are half a dozen sellers on Ebay – all based out of California but with different names and very slightly different prices (just a few cents difference). Each claim to have sold dozens of these and yet none of them have any feedback for this particular item so it looks like a scam to me.

If you looking carefully you see that several profile state “member since xxx in China”.

Quality control is often an issue with the products made in China so yes, it does matter to me if the fit is not great or the chrome is a different shade.

Obviously not a cost issue but isn’t this why the forum is for?

This could be a great deal so you share it with other members or a scam and then you let others know.

I am also surprised that only 1 member would have bought one (and that was "years ago”).
his is a part that is exposed and deteriorates easily – especially is the quality s bad. (my bike is 18 years old and in pristine condition BTW but it could do with a new radiator trim).

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Highly unlikely to be a scam considering it's a low value low volume product that is being sold for the average market value. If they were offering them for 5$ when everyone else was selling for 30 then maybe. What it boils down to is if you do not feel confident enough to gamble 30$ then you should buy original HD ones and pay for the guarantee. As the saying goes "you get what you pay for".
I personally was very pleased with mine. I could not fault the fitment and I am pretty sure the slightly flawed finish in one was probably just bad luck, the other one was perfect.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You do have a point but unfortunately, this part is no longer available from HD.
Only $29 so I'll order it and report back. Might be the best deal ever 🤣

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Can not comment on the fitment, have not had time to mount this yet. Coming from China, the finish seems to be ok,
but wish there was a little more material thickness around the holes (just like the originals) ...

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
Finally got around and installed mine. All good & no fitment issues. Just wished they`re where made out of some sort of metal. Plastic tends to became brittle over time...

Reactions: rc4man
1 - 20 of 20 Posts