Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the radiator shroud I want. who made/makes this one?

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Rondo said:
This is the radiator shroud I want. who made/makes this one?
I Remember a Thread started by someone who dealt with this company and had a Horrible ordeal to go through. The shroud arrives Unpainted and leaves the Radiator extremely exposed to dirt and debries.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Is that not Zee's machine?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, not the right one....

Nope, if you look close ithis is not the No Limit Custom shroud. This one is much less angular, it is rounder and smoother... might also consider one similar to the one Roland Sands had made (out of metal) for Performance Machines 86" bike with Ohlins suspension and a streetfighter rear tail (sorry no pics) that was fetured in Hot Rod Bikes a few years ago. Looking for something that is different but not too radical to fit in with the stock lines...
Thanks,
Rondo

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Rondo said:
Nope, if you look close ithis is not the No Limit Custom shroud. This one is much less angular, it is rounder and smoother... might also consider one similar to the one Roland Sands had made (out of metal) for Performance Machines 86" bike with Ohlins suspension and a streetfighter rear tail (sorry no pics) that was fetured in Hot Rod Bikes a few years ago. Looking for something that is different but not too radical to fit in with the stock lines...
Thanks,
Rondo
It is different but Still thats a lot of exposed radiator, you sure you want to chance it? I could see it on a show bike cuz it does look good but on a riding bike I am not so sure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, still want it

I'll run a temp gage and check it all out then post what I find...but still need to know where it came from.
Rondo

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Harley did their most extensive R&D on these radiators to get the right constant airflow without over heating. I think these aftermarket companies are wandering into unchartered territories with these new wild radiators. The last thing the V-Rod needs is poor airflow to the radiator. I see alot of openeing, but no vortex generators to guide the airflow. This is extremely important as the front wheel assy and fender play an important part in the airflow department. Somethings should be left well enough alone.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with all due respect...

I'll worry about the cooling issues... if and when I find the shroud. If you don't know who made it or where I can get it please don't reply to the post. Thanks,
Rondo

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks hudss

thats what I needed...:dance:
Rondo

·
fire up !
700 Posts
srichmond said:
I take it they are not available then? just a custom piece...
send them an e-mail with the pic, Bächli builds custom bikes so chances are they can supply those parts ? it'll be pricey i'm sure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts