Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ole capt
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Colbalt Blue A-model radiator leak on right side at the top of the can where it meets the fins, can a radiator shop repair? And have ya had good luck with this type of repair? Or do I just bite the bullet for a new one..big bucks!!

Tech questions: While I have the radiator shroud off can I modify the top area for air flow without causing any problems? I have center cover/paint match with screen over that area. But it seems a waste to not open the area behind at the top. Would do only top section because lower half takes all the road debri . I had the center shroud repainted with undercoated rockguard because it takes such a beating on the paint.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,502 Posts
I had mine repaired over a year ago and it's fine. It had a crack in the tube right next to where a fin attached. My local radiator shop used this epoxy goop that they said worked well on the local stock cars.

·
ole capt
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mine repaired over a year ago and it's fine. It had a crack in the tube right next to where a fin attached. My local radiator shop used this epoxy goop that they said worked well on the local stock cars.
Thanks for the info..what year bike? I don't know if they changed from year to year? I think it's worth a try just a pain to remove time and time again..
OC..

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
an expert at fine alloy welding can achieve success.the radiators are bonded at the core to header tanks so excessive heat from welding can damage that .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts