Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I have the breathless screens in chrome...they look great. Installation wasn't too bad, you have to trim the chrome intake pieces, but the instructions are clear. IMHO they are the best looking screens, but the most expensive also.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
louballs said:
Haven't used those specific ones, but bought chrome ones on ebay for pretty cheap. Easy to install and look good IMHO.
i have been trying to figure out what is involved in installing those... do you remove the chrome bezel, put them in and then reinstall the bezel? OR do they just pop in with no disassembly?

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
It's a great mod, but I'm still trying to figure out why they cannot be cut to EXACT size?!?! It's a pain cutting them to get them to fit. From what I understand all the intake openings are the same throughout all the models, so they should be cut for an exact fit and sent out that way. Hell, that's the least I expect for chromed chicken wire.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
spinedoc said:
It's a great mod, but I'm still trying to figure out why they cannot be cut to EXACT size?!?! It's a pain cutting them to get them to fit. From what I understand all the intake openings are the same throughout all the models, so they should be cut for an exact fit and sent out that way. Hell, that's the least I expect for chromed chicken wire.
:stupid:

i'll make mine myself for cheaper than that

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Yeah i can't figure out why they aren't cut to fit perfectly either. Especially since if you cut just a bit too much off you are screwed. And yes you have to remove the shrouds, then remove the chrome pieces, slide the properly cut pieces into place and put the chrome pieces back on. Be careful not to break the small plastic tabs that holds the chrome pieces on, they aren't very strong.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
louballs said:
Yeah i can't figure out why they aren't cut to fit perfectly either. Especially since if you cut just a bit too much off you are screwed. And yes you have to remove the shrouds, then remove the chrome pieces, slide the properly cut pieces into place and put the chrome pieces back on. Be careful not to break the small plastic tabs that holds the chrome pieces on, they aren't very strong.
thanks!:notworth:

·
Registered
66 Posts
So whichever ones you get that all need to be cut to size?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just FYI, if you can live with galvanized in lieu of chrome, you can pick up the material at Home Depot for about $1.50 and tax. It took me about an hour to make a template and cut the materials to fit.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
They are very easy to do but the ones off Ebay are a little oversized. It really isn't a big deal just to size them like you want them to look like, besides the sellers don't have to worry about complaints about being to small along witht the returns this way.

I have a set installed on mine and they really don't interfear with the radiator in any way. They do keep leaves and junk out of the shroud but small pebbles do get into it. Not much mind you but a few. It only took one pencil sized stick wedged into the radiator fins to get me to install them.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
I am running HandyDan originals....

·
24 Posts
blue_demon said:
View attachment 87354
Has anyone used these chrome grilles from Breathless Performance?
Got those from Breathless Performance and finalized with installation in about two hours or so.

17092007.grilles.installed.jpg 17092007.grilles.installed_2.jpg

Could have not managed to accomplish it without Daniii's excellent How-To [ How to install radiator screens ] for these purposes in How-To section.

// b

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
i made mine myself. got stuff from lowes and did it. not hard at all and looks great. i'll post pics later took about 2 hrs total for both sides cost me a hole 6.50 + tax. but i have enough to do about 3 other bikes. so if anybody in Columbus ohio wants some made for them. give me a hollar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts